Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Need a board thats good at everything (replacement for ride antic) (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/49994-need-board-thats-good-everything-replacement.html)

jjz 10-04-2012 06:33 PM

Need a board thats good at everything (replacement for ride antic)

Last year i had a ride antic and loved it. If it still fit me i would use it this year.
But im growing ( im 15) and have gained 40 pounds since last year and now it fits my younger brother perfectly.

I typically buy 1 - 2 years old new boards.

I would be perfectly happy if i found another antic.

I ride a little park and take a trip out west once a year so the board should be able to do allright in pow allthough i mostly ride shitt and ice

But, i cant ship ride to canada from basically any website.

So what are some good boards i should keep an eye out for.

Weight = 155lb

Im a size 12 shoe. Do you think i need a wide board. Could i get a reduced footprint boot and use a normal board.

I will be going to a ski board swap next week.

jdang307 10-04-2012 06:35 PM

What is your weight?

jjz 10-04-2012 06:47 PM

weight

fluctuates between 150 - 160 cus of water weight (creatine)

EatMyTracers 10-04-2012 06:53 PM

I was in this position and decided on the Rome Reverb Rocker, my thread is actually like 3 down in this section.

jjz 10-04-2012 07:00 PM

too freestyle oriented for me
I do a bit of jibbing and jumps, But carving is more important to me as is a board that can sort of handle itself in powder because i go out west once a year.

Samara 10-05-2012 05:45 PM

last year I had a Lib DS - top secret mervin desk. it`s good for softcurving, best for downhill and pow.

Nivek 10-05-2012 07:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjz (Post 523265)
too freestyle oriented for me
I do a bit of jibbing and jumps, But carving is more important to me as is a board that can sort of handle itself in powder because i go out west once a year.

If you loved your antic, ride something else and have your mind blown. Those boards are a lingering scab at my shop.

What is easy to ship to Canaduh? Give us your easy to access brands and we can help better. Right off though if you can find a 2012 Flow Drifter that might be your best deal. Sintered, carbon in the tips, rolled base between the feet for smooth edge to edge, RC, great sidecut that grips like Salomon Equalizer or NS Vario, and a directional twin. Fits perfect for you. Look for the 156.

Don't get a Dark Series. That thing is obscenely overpriced.

JVee 10-05-2012 08:31 PM

Hey Nivek, how would the Drifter go in a larger size in pow, ie 159cm? Would this be a better board than Arbors Coda?

Nivek 10-05-2012 09:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JVee (Post 523704)
Hey Nivek, how would the Drifter go in a larger size in pow, ie 159cm? Would this be a better board than Arbors Coda?

In pow it probably depends on what you want. The Coda will be a little surfier being full rocker and you'll get a little be more power out of the Drifter from the camber zones.

I guess if this is quivering I might say the Drifter just cause it'll save you money.