One all mountain board or two specific boards? PLY/Custom? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2012, 05:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question One all mountain board or two specific boards? PLY/Custom?

Own a DC PBJ. First proper board I've purchased. Love it in powder and riding through the trees. Super fun. Not so great for springtime groomers and too soft for a heavier guy like me too get much pop. Wont get to go to a demo until the end of this season. So thinking about buying another deck in the dark. Cant decide if i should get a complimentary deck like the PLY, something made for all around like a Custom and sell the whole PBJ & non EST binding set up for financial reasons even though i like it, or just hold out one more season till i actually can get to a demo. Can only afford last seasons decks and they are going fast. Any one try the PLY. Does it really have a skate-like feel compared to other decks? (I have read reviews, just looking for fresh opinions) Used to be really into street sk8ting but have trouble translating that to the snowboard park so the skate/blend shape sounds very attractive to me. Im sure its not as much as DC is boasting but still curious...The PLY won good wood last year. Is that award always worth spending money on? Thanks!
jflower113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2012, 06:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Goodwood is 14 semi pros getting maybe 2 laps through a slush park in april, supposedly riding 500 boards a piece in 9 days.

Do you think that's a fair test of anything?

I rode the Ply, and while the sidecut was super fun the pop was lacking. It just did not have the snap I wanted.

If you really are looking for a skate feel do something with 3 stage rocker like the K2 Parkstar, or RC like a Flow Era. Others you might like, Flow Verve, Rome Reverb Rocker, Salomon Acid, K2 Fastplant, Nitro Swindle, Nitro Rook, Signal Park Flat, or a Bataleon Whatever.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
custom, pbj, ply