Goat or Rice ? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2012, 08:14 PM   #11 (permalink)

Can you expand on that please?
Nein11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2012, 08:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
duh

Personally I prefer the TRice. Overall it's a much more playfull board all-around for my style of riding (carving, trees, powpow, freeride.) You can't really go wrong with either board.

As for the Diodes, very responsive but a crap highback. I went with a few buddies while they were shopping for bindings last season. While testing the flex of the highback my friend snapped the display model with relatively little pressure, folded it right in half. They both still ended up buying them in the end, though. Under normal use they are fine, they just don't handle abuse too well.
duh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nein11 View Post

Im such an overanalizer...they probably wont have any boards for proform by the time i put in my order.

Thanks for the feedback guys
Ha... Me too. I just spent two days straight, all day, trying decide what boots to buy. Seriously.... It's an issue. Lol.

Have you thought about buying from dog funk/backcountry? They have a no questions asked return policy. Try before ya buy in a way.
pdxrealtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
The Rooster King

Quote:
Can you expand on that please?
well i just think that NS build a better quality snowboard than Lib.

I'll be honest - i've never ridden the goat, the rice, OR the raptor but i have 3 NS decks...they're just burly snowboards...

the raptor looks sick on paper. i ride a 2012 heritage and a 2012 heritage split but for big mt riding i think a raptor split would just be the shit
ShredLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:33 PM   #15 (permalink)

PDX....trying to build relationship with my "local" shop.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:42 PM   #16 (permalink)
Veteran Member

That's cool. But if your local shop won't let you demo or doesn't have what you want why settle for less? Or a board you might not like?

It's a big purchase.

Hell, I bought mine from Meadows board shop. It was the second board, the first one didn't work out for me. They were willing to work with me so I went with it.

Last edited by pdxrealtor; 10-14-2012 at 09:52 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:53 AM   #17 (permalink)

Im pro forming from them so demoing really isnt an option. I figure if i have problems they will back me up.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:44 AM   #18 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Im pro forming from them so demoing really isnt an option. I figure if i have problems they will back me up.

Does that mean you're ski patrol and getting a good deal?
Old 10-15-2012, 03:40 PM   #19 (permalink)

Yeah, i am on ski patrol.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:47 PM   #20 (permalink)

I have a BG from a few years ago -10' I think 162
I've had a few trices over the years. 161.5- a camber and a C2
Own first generation diodes that were samples.

quick breakdown off the top of my head without looking at any tech:

- The BG is faster from Edge to edge as the TRICE is almost a ww wide and at times felt sluggish with my 9.5 boot.

- Bases are both decent speed wise but nothing special( IMO burton's WFO base is the fastest base on flat areas on the planet + holds wax better than libs)

- The mTx has been toned down on the TRICE over the years and is much less aggressive.. The BG mtx is even more mellow and barely noticeable.- both hold a great edge with the TRICE being more aggressive.

- Flex wise, the BG is a tad stiffer - TRICE is a twin flex/shape with centered stance and BG is Directional twin with a setback stance--- they are considered mid/stiff for boards these days, but both can be pressed. They feel like noodles compared to my Rossi Experience.

- BG is not super stiff torsionally. Can't remember the TRICE as I sold it.

- TRICE is poppier.

- Both are pretty stable at speed(as stable as c2 can be- you will feel chatter if you really open up)---

- BG has some dampening tech in it and is smoother/damper than the TRICE. BG really shines off piste in open variable terrain.

- Both do pretty well in deep snow-- I've ridden the BG in a few feet at Wolf creek and it excels.-- Rice is wider so it floats well too.

- To sum it up - I liked them both.
I still own the BG and sold the TRICE because the WW was not working with my boot size. Both boards are solid all mountain/freeride decks with the Rice leaning freestyle and the Goat Freeride. My issue was with the WW on the rice.

- diode is the stiffest binding I've ever ridden and I do really like them for free ride.
- The response is off the charts, they are ultra light, comfortable and the straps are cush.
- Damp as well.
- No idea if Burton has changed the tech, but the Forward Lean adjustment is horrid.
- There is no flad to quick adjust the lean on the mountain. You have to adjust the highbacks with a screwdriver by aligning the highback.
- When I first got the bindings, I had the lean set up way too aggressive and had to make an adjustment in a storm at Heavenly -- it took like 10-15 minutes.
- I haven't had to adjust them since, so this is a good binding for those who don't play with the lean(I don't)

Favorite binding all time is the Burton CO2(RIP)-- They are on the BG.
I had cartels on it briefly and they were a little soft.
Rode the TRICE with CO2's

Good luck.
BFBF is offline   Reply With Quote