New Gear! - Page 6 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 11:11 PM   #51 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neliz View Post
Well , I did have my heart set on a TBT board. But if what you're saying is right, and I'd ride easier ans have more fun on a narrower board, I'm Just going to have to give up on the TBT.
I've looked at some of the boards you've suggested, and the one's I've "found" are:
Yes boards, Lib-tech boards, the Gnu park pickle and the Flow Drifter. Am I right thinking that these boards/manufacturers are narrower than the average board? By the way, I'd also like to avoid riding a "girl board" as much as possible. Would any of these boards be a good pick for my kind of riding?

PS, I want to thank everyone that has helped me with this, a big thank you to all you guys!
I have a Never Summer Lotus 157cm deck, It's a chicks board. (below are the stats).
Just make sure it doesn't look like a chic stick, it's not hard considering all the poofter boards out there.

I don't give a flyin fuck what anyone thinks & if they're gonna start talkin' shit, they better be really really fuckin' good.

Cause if they ain't I'm gonna follow em all day, barkin' shit @ em, swervin' towards em'.
They'll never say somethin' like that to anyone ever again for fear this dink might be hidin' around the corner..

This is from here, http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boa...tml#post454652

Here are the stats on the Never Summer
size waist edge sidecut tip/tail Dampness Flex
Lotus 157 23.8 122 vario700 28.6/28.4 8.5 4
Premier 157 24.9 122 vario745 29.3 7 5.5

It may be a girls board but here are a couple pics. The guys Burton Hero, I had last year.
& the Never Summer Lotus. (chick stick)

One of these boards just reeks of HOMO, I think we know which one. Who the fuck picks pink & purple then decides "Oh ya I think I'll throw on a Seal balancing a beach ball, Ahh! perfect"

Not this Redneck!!, I only got it cause it was super cheap & almost brand new.

Stoked is an understatement, I giddy like a school girl with a girl deck.

TT
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hero.jpg (9.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg NeverSummer-Lotus-Snowboard.jpg (89.8 KB, 17 views)

Then I am so close to immortality
timmytard is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2012, 11:53 AM   #52 (permalink)

Had a look at the Skate Banana, saw that a couple of guys mentioned it earlier in the thread. That one also sounds like a pretty sweet board, would you recommend for me? And how would the width do?
Neliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:03 PM   #53 (permalink)
Resident poet

omg...just go the hill do a performance rental and try out/demo a bunch of boards...its like $50 at my little hill and you can demo/change out boards all day long....they have many of the boards that have been mentioned. Or buy whatever and after some experience/time you will have some reference experience to relate to what we all have been sayin. Really it took me a couple few years to figure out my riding style, preference and conditions so that I was even at a skill level to appreciate and take advantage of the board design and tech.

Last edited by wrathfuldeity; 10-12-2012 at 12:09 PM.
wrathfuldeity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:57 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathfuldeity View Post
omg...just go the hill do a performance rental and try out/demo a bunch of boards...its like $50 at my little hill and you can demo/change out boards all day long....they have many of the boards that have been mentioned. Or buy whatever and after some experience/time you will have some reference experience to relate to what we all have been sayin. Really it took me a couple few years to figure out my riding style, preference and conditions so that I was even at a skill level to appreciate and take advantage of the board design and tech.
Well that's easier said than done considering that I live in Sweden. And it's october. I've been going to the same mountain for 12 years, and I've never heard anything about a demo day.
I just want to make sure that I get the right board, and with everyone's help I bet I will!
Old 10-12-2012, 01:43 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogier158 View Post
It's on PAGE 1 guys. (omgwtfbbq )

Neliz, You can go with any normal (TBT) board between 153 and 163.
no need for narrow or girly boards.

Wiredsport will measure all boards' stance/width etc. and advice the perfect size.

Thanks.
From what I understand it's not actually about the shoe size! It's about the length of the foot, which in my case is a whopping 25 cm! Ergo, I need to look at narrower boards
Thanks for your input though, every answer is appreciated

I'm getting more and more hooked on the Skate banana. The only thing is that I'm afraid that it might be too stiff, since it's about a 5-6 depending on size. And as Snowwolf mentioned, I should be looking at a softer board. What do you think?
Old 10-12-2012, 01:43 PM   #56 (permalink)
Resident poet

Quote:
Well that's easier said than done considering that I live in Sweden. And it's october. I've been going to the same mountain for 12 years, and I've never heard anything about a demo day.
I just want to make sure that I get the right board, and with everyone's help I bet I will!
apologies...my bad, I had no clue you had been riding for 12 years. Btw at Baker, its not a demo day but the regular performance rental that you can switch out boards....but there is a demo weekend during the big race and you can demo a bunch and sometimes protos of the next year.

I had a skate banana 159 and it was too wide = very sluggish edge to edge and in the pow is was ok....but if you got a little nose or tail heavy or dropped a natty alittle too nose or tail heavy it would fold up and I went over the nose/tail....there was not enough stiffness to push against. But I don't do any jibby park stuff.

Last edited by wrathfuldeity; 10-12-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:46 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathfuldeity View Post
apologies...my bad, I had no clue you had been riding for 12 years. Btw at Baker, its not a demo day but the regular performance rental that you can switch out boards....but there is a demo weekend during the big race and you can demo a bunch and sometimes protos of the next year.
I've actually been skiing for 12 years, only been boarding for like one season! Yeah, If I'd lived in the US I'd go demo boards right away, but there's not even a slight chance that I'd be able to demo a board in Sweden or Norway, at least not where I'm riding!
Old 10-12-2012, 02:08 PM   #58 (permalink)
Resident poet

Quote:
I've actually been skiing for 12 years, only been boarding for like one season! Yeah, If I'd lived in the US I'd go demo boards right away, but there's not even a slight chance that I'd be able to demo a board in Sweden or Norway, at least not where I'm riding!

idk but you have some reference with stiff/soft, rockered/cambered, fat/skinny and shaped skies. Its a combination of matching snow and terrain conditions...I enjoy riding a wider board on deep days and a narrower one on groomer days and imho the c2btx is about the best design tech that will do quite well as a compromise for adequately handling ice, groomer, crud and pow and beable to blast groomers, make tight turns. The gnu/lib stuff was made for the pnw and it works great for our snow/conditions. I would go for a narrower c2btx should be ideal....in that perhaps a gnu billygoat 156 (read snowolf's review thread)....I did a 159 split for additional length for bc. And with 12 years of skiing...I would say go for an advanced/expert level on the stiffer side in that you will likely progress fairly rapidly.

Last edited by wrathfuldeity; 10-12-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:47 PM   #59 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogier158 View Post
Oh and,

Bataleon is GREAT !! TRIPLE BASE !!!!!!!
They are fun and playful. When i was a beginner heading to intermediate I thought they were amazing.

They are also very slow and easy to damage. I have at this point broken 3 bataleons (all in different ways) and have never even been close to doing hte same to any other board i have owned.

Overall I think bataleon is a great board for a lower level intermediate. TBT isnt the greatest thing since sliced bread though and A LOT of companys do equally effective edge and base shapes.
cav0011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:08 AM   #60 (permalink)
Veteran Member

pros can do anything on any board for the most part.

anyone i have had 2 of them get major core shots, one i also cracked teh tail on (was defective though got a refund) and the third broken/compressed edge with cracking on the base.

Now it could be me, but i have ridden many other brands and it never happened with those others.
cav0011 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bataleon, lobster, new board, new gear