Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Need some opinions on freestyle board choice (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/50079-need-some-opinions-freestyle-board-choice.html)

Combat_medic 10-08-2012 12:17 PM

Need some opinions on freestyle board choice
 
Last season I used a skate banana. I liked it, but it was just too stiff for me. I want a soft flex. I want something that I can easily ollie with and have a balance when I'm grindin. I felt the nana was too stiff and I tended to lose my balance on rails. I'm basically looking for a lightweight soft flex board because I plan on doing a lottt of rails and jibbing this season. With some casual jumps as well. So what do you think about the Artifact Rocker. You think it's a good choice?

If not, please do suggest of what kind of board would be best for my style. under $500 (freestyle only)

-jib
-kickers
-boxes
-lunch tables
-Jumps


Additional Info:

5'11
170
size 11
using union force bindings

Nivek 10-08-2012 02:16 PM

If you want stability on jibs go flat or camber. Signal Park/Flat 152, Nitro Swindle 152, Ride Kink 152, Bataleon Disaster 153, Capita Stairmaster 153... I can dig up more later if need be.

Frozen 10-08-2012 02:59 PM

Wondering what size banana were you on that you thought it was too stiff?

Combat_medic 10-08-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frozen (Post 524421)
Wondering what size banana were you on that you thought it was too stiff?

was using the 154

Rookie09 10-08-2012 03:23 PM

Artifact Rocker is going to be [B]extremely[B] flexible if that's what you're looking for. My bro has one and it's pretty ridiculous how easy it is to flex. It's going to be really fun and playful for jibs. As for jumps though, I'd say you could hit some smaller ones, but it will wash out if you try to take on 15+ foot kickers I'd say although I've never used it myself. I can't imagine it being able to stand up to bigger jumps. Really fun board though.

BurtonAvenger 10-08-2012 03:44 PM

You should probably learn how to ride or get in shape if you found a Banana too stiff.

Combat_medic 10-08-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rookie09 (Post 524431)
Artifact Rocker is going to be [B]extremely[B] flexible if that's what you're looking for. My bro has one and it's pretty ridiculous how easy it is to flex. It's going to be really fun and playful for jibs. As for jumps though, I'd say you could hit some smaller ones, but it will wash out if you try to take on 15+ foot kickers I'd say although I've never used it myself. I can't imagine it being able to stand up to bigger jumps. Really fun board though.

What would you suggest that's great for jibs and kickers? Im looking for a board that is flexible MAXIMUM 4/10 on a flex scale. The artifact rocker is 2/10.

Rookie09 10-08-2012 04:04 PM

nothing under 4/10 flex is going to be great for kickers. you're going to have to compromise a little bit somewhere. honestly, you should be able to get some good flex out of your banana if you're 170 lbs and riding a 154. if that's not flexible enough for you, you're only option is to get a noodle board (Artifact Rocker) and avoid really big jumps.

Combat_medic 10-08-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rookie09 (Post 524454)
nothing under 4/10 flex is going to be great for kickers. you're going to have to compromise a little bit somewhere. honestly, you should be able to get some good flex out of your banana if you're 170 lbs and riding a 154. if that's not flexible enough for you, you're only option is to get a noodle board (Artifact Rocker) and avoid really big jumps.

Idk rookie like I tried last season believe me. I wasn't able to clear rails to the best of my ability. It was a medium flex. I didn't like that about it.

Can you suggest me a couple of boards knowing my style that can handle kickers and is flexible. Eventhough you said ill have to compromise a little, but I wanna see some options so I can research them.

syphabiscuit 10-08-2012 04:42 PM

Nah, it's not only about being a good or strong enough rider. I know what the OP means. Compared to my Evo, my Skate Banana is a lot stiffer and less fun and playful. If the Evo is a 4 the SB is a 5/6 in feel. I can't explain all the technical shit but that just is how it is IMO. Arbor Draft if you're well into jibbing but has bronze edges .... Arbor Westmark/Blacklist NS Evo, for the halfway house.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2