Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Who's rockin' a Slackcountry? & is it as good as I hear? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/50090-whos-rockin-slackcountry-good-i-hear.html)

timmytard 10-08-2012 02:49 PM

Who's rockin' a Slackcountry? & is it as good as I hear?

2 Attachment(s)
Well I just talked to a guy sellin' a Slackcountry & I think I'm going to go grab it in a few hours.

So I would really like some first hand feedback from some owners.

But from what I've read over the past few hours, this might be the deck I've been lookin' for?

It's a 2010, has it changed that much over the past few years?

Does it deserve the huge price tag?

Thank you
TT

RickB 10-08-2012 08:21 PM

gonna ride a ton of deep powder? then hit

ETM 10-08-2012 08:34 PM

Seriously what makes that board suited for a tonne of deep powder? Id love to know.

RickB 10-09-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ETM (Post 524548)
Seriously what makes that board suited for a tonne of deep powder? Id love to know.

/internet

i cant tell if your really serious or not

timmytard 10-09-2012 11:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by RickB (Post 524539)
gonna ride a ton of deep powder? then hit

That is the plan, so I bought it.

It's in pretty good shape, buddy said he rode it about 10-15 times.
There is 1 scratch on the base about 2 inches long, but that's about it.
He must baby his shit cause all my boards look worse after 1 day.

It has Ride EX's on it, what's the word on those?

The deck is 2 or 3 years old & I'm not sure about the bindings.
I paid $150 for the whole setup, did I do good?:dunno::rolleyes:

This will be my 25th year riding & I've probably owned well over a hundred boards, but I've never ridden a Ride board before.
For some reason I have always thought they were shitty, no real reason & nothin' to back it up so hopefully I've been wrong.

Dude was apparently a photographer & had enough wicked brand new gear in his garage to open his own little shop.
He had about 20 boards & as I was flippin through them, low & behold a Proto CT. I pulled it out from behind all the other boards & he said "That's the only one I have to give back, it's not for sale" Damn it:mad:

He had this years Ride El Hefe bindings for $150, they are $400+tax:eek:
So I talked him down to an even $100. :cool:
I don't know how good they actually are, but boy they look fuckin' perty.
They even come in a beer cooler.:thumbsup:

Now it's torture, I can't handle it I'm going insane. I'm gonna have to build something to ride on.

TT

RickB 10-09-2012 11:29 PM

700 bucks for the deck when it was brand new, so you did alrighty:thumbsup:

ETM 10-10-2012 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickB (Post 524991)
/internet

i cant tell if your really serious or not

Im serious.
19mm setback, twin shape and rocker nose is hardly a game changing powder board. I call hype on this deck as a pow slayer, its specs just dont add up.

ETM 10-10-2012 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmytard (Post 525013)
That is the plan, so I bought it.

It's in pretty good shape, buddy said he rode it about 10-15 times.
There is 1 scratch on the base about 2 inches long, but that's about it.
He must baby his shit cause all my boards look worse after 1 day.

It has Ride EX's on it, what's the word on those?

The deck is 2 or 3 years old & I'm not sure about the bindings.
I paid $150 for the whole setup, did I do good?:dunno::rolleyes:

This will be my 25th year riding & I've probably owned well over a hundred boards, but I've never ridden a Ride board before.
For some reason I have always thought they were shitty, no real reason & nothin' to back it up so hopefully I've been wrong.

Dude was apparently a photographer & had enough wicked brand new gear in his garage to open his own little shop.
He had about 20 boards & as I was flippin through them, low & behold a Proto CT. I pulled it out from behind all the other boards & he said "That's the only one I have to give back, it's not for sale" Damn it:mad:

He had this years Ride El Hefe bindings for $150, they are $400+tax:eek:
So I talked him down to an even $100. :cool:
I don't know how good they actually are, but boy they look fuckin' perty.
They even come in a beer cooler.:thumbsup:

Now it's torture, I can't handle it I'm going insane. I'm gonna have to build something to ride on.

TT

You definately got a good buy at that price, can you post some pics of it sitting on a benchtop or something to show its rocker profile?

henry06x 10-10-2012 04:08 PM

Sounds like you got a sick deal.
For the bindings I'd use the el hefe over the ex on it. The el hefe will be stiffer, more responsive, have better adjustability, better build, more tech, and comes with the wedgie 2.5 and 4.0 (if he gave you both). Better suited for poweder all mountain riding. The ex is a softer, cheaper model binding and only has the 1.5 wedgie. Not that the ex is a bad binding just the el hefe will fit it better and is a better binding.

RickB 10-10-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ETM (Post 525083)
Im serious.
19mm setback, twin shape and rocker nose is hardly a game changing powder board. I call hype on this deck as a pow slayer, its specs just dont add up.

fine, it doesn't slay powder or change games