Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   can't decide on a board (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/50112-cant-decide-board.html)

EatMyTracers 10-09-2012 09:40 AM

can't decide on a board

I was set on the rome reverb rocker before, as you propably know from my last thread. Now I found the rome postermania and was wondering which is better. I want an all moutain freestyle board so I can carve and do park and jumps. I am looking at the 2012 models of these boards.I have thirtytwo binary boa boots and rome 390 boss bindings. I'm 5'8" 120 poundssize 9.5 boots if that matters also.

Nivek 10-09-2012 12:03 PM

Poster is a beefed up Artifact. The rocker profile on the Reverb will better suit you.

EatMyTracers 10-09-2012 05:41 PM

Why would the reverb rocker be better?

Combat_medic 10-09-2012 06:01 PM

whats your budget? What do you plan on doing at the resort. Need a little more info

EatMyTracers 10-09-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Combat_medic (Post 524905)
whats your budget? What do you plan on doing at the resort. Need a little more info

Well I already said I want to be able to do everything, carve, pow, park, jumps. And they are both like the same price.

Combat_medic 10-09-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EatMyTracers (Post 524906)
Well I already said I want to be able to do everything, carve, pow, park, jumps. And they are both like the same price.

Rome reverb rocker. Theyre both the same when it comes to jibbing, and jumps. But if you want to carve then Id go with the reverb

EatMyTracers 10-09-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Combat_medic (Post 524910)
Rome reverb rocker. Theyre both the same when it comes to jibbing, and jumps. But if you want to carve then Id go with the reverb

Is the reverb rocker just a better board overall? If I wanted to do more park then would the postermania be better?

Combat_medic 10-09-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EatMyTracers (Post 524911)
Is the reverb rocker just a better board overall? If I wanted to do more park then would the postermania be better?

I would go with the reverb overall, its better park wise and mountain wise. Thats why its one of the top all mountain freestyle boards. It can carve and is very playful in the park.

The poster is just 1 step behind

EatMyTracers 10-09-2012 06:25 PM

Yea I am going to go with the reverb rocker, no one has ever mentioned the postermania to me before and I have posted a few threads on here and other forums so it must not be that great. Also the reverb rocker looks a lot better, the postermania is ugly.

Nivek 10-09-2012 06:30 PM

Its the camber profiles. the Poster is flat to rocker where as the Reverb is rocker camber. So with the Reverb you can push on those cambered zones under your feet for a bit more oomph in a turn.