Need some advice on intermediate board. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 09:45 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Need some advice on intermediate board.

Let me start off by saying hello! Your forum has helped so much with my research so far. I am a intermediate boarder, have about 7 days on the mountain over 2 years, (Breck and Canyons) with two lessons each year. Last year I got it much better and was flowing down the greens and some blues having alot of fun. I told myself that before the next season I was going to have to buy my own boarding gear if I were going to make it an every year thing. I have a ski trip coming up in Febuary with some friends but am going to sharpen my skills in November and end of December so I can hang with my friends.

My dimensions:
172lbs
5'11"
9.5 Shoe

I don't care to do any tricks, butters, jibs or anything in a park or halfpipe. I am having a great time cruising down the mountain but want to go somewhat faster. Never done deep powder, just powder when there had been good snowfall on the run. Need something that can handle well and carve on hardpack and moderate powder....perhaps the deep stuff off country when I get better. Also, want it to be stable but not crazy stiff. Like Ricky Bobby said, I wanna go fast!

I have looked at a ton of boards and all the different bend types and the info can be kinda hard to follow but I think I have it narrowed down to a few boards. Tell me what you think please!

Thanks SBF!

Bataleon Omni
Bataleon

Never Summer Heritage or F1
Heritage / Heritage X | Never Summer Industries - Snowboards, Longboards, Clothing and Accessories - Powered by CLVR TV
Premier F1 | Never Summer Industries - Snowboards, Longboards, Clothing and Accessories - Powered by CLVR TV

Also open to other suggestions inside or outside the brands however I am pretty biased to the graphics! The more confident the better right? Haha.

Last edited by xdeerizx; 10-09-2012 at 09:47 AM.
xdeerizx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2012, 09:56 AM   #2 (permalink)

Ok so I've narrowed it down to two boards, Bataleon Omni and Never Summer F1.

Which one do you think. The smallest size in F1 is 159, should I go with the Raptor instead at 156?
Old 10-11-2012, 07:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

Some advice would be great!!
Old 10-11-2012, 08:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I have characteristically liked Bataleon more than NS. So I say the Omni.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thank you! I saw a review from boardinsiders.com and alot of there riders complained a little about the board in turns, sliding when trying to make an aggressive turn. Do you have these problems?
Old 10-11-2012, 10:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdeerizx View Post
Thank you! I saw a review from boardinsiders.com and alot of there riders complained a little about the board in turns, sliding when trying to make an aggressive turn. Do you have these problems?
This is a PERFECT example why you should ignore boardinsiders. They're shit. And they clearly can't ride. The Omni is a more aggressive all mountain board. Watch the video again and actually watch them ride. The only guy that seemed to be able to ride was the one that seemed to like it the most. Why? Cause most of those guys CAN'T ride. I've ridden a fair share of TBT. It is different, but it does not take more work and does not effect your edge performance. You ride TBT differently and this is apparently what these guys problem is, that they couldn't adapt.

TBT is super fun. I had a wild amount of fun on the Whatever and its still one of my favorite boards ever. I need to remember that I don't recommend it enough.

Old 10-11-2012, 11:39 PM   #7 (permalink)

Ok yeah I was a little skeptical because the TBT makes sense and those guys all pretty much hated on it. As a person with little knowledge, I can only look at the advice multiple places give me if I don't want to waste my time. Hence, you guys!

If you don't mind, could you kinda explain how it is different? What will I need to be able to adapt to? Do you have to be more aggressive with your turn initiation?

Thanks again!
Old 10-12-2012, 12:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Its kind of a blend between how you ride center rocker and full camber. Its really just best if you ride it and figure it out.

Old 10-12-2012, 04:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned!

SL or Heritage
Old 10-12-2012, 11:59 AM   #10 (permalink)

Why would you say Heritage? Would it be a good idea to get a freestyle/freeride board rather than all mountain/freeride for a little more forgiveness, ya know since I don't have that much time on the mountain? I don't plan on doing anything really big mountain or freestyle but I think I see your point.