Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Need a freestyle board for intermediate level. Under $500 (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/50116-need-freestyle-board-intermediate-level-under.html)

Combat_medic 10-09-2012 11:07 AM

Need a freestyle board for intermediate level. Under $500
 
Under $500

I'm pretty much looking for park friendly board that has a nice flex to it, is somewhat lightweight, is great on jibs, kickers, etc etc. It should have a nice design. That's important to me. I wouldnt like to get a shitty car that goes 200mph. I like LOOKS and PERFORMANCE. Oh and a board with great pop

Used a skate banana last season and want something new this season.

Don't want a noodle and don't want a rock. Somewhere right in the middle perhaps like a 3/10 or 4/10 or 5/10. The reason why I want a rather soft board is because I'm more of a street and jibbing kind of guy. However, I do occasional jumps and I don't want to destroy a noodle board off a 15+ kicker. So something playful, but can also handle jumps. But keep in mind, kickers/jumps aren't my priority. Park jibbing and street sessions are.

What I like to mess with:

-rails
-kickers
-jibbing
-Lunch tables
(I'm more of a street guy) BUT I also like big kickers


About me:

-5'11
-170lbs
-size 11
-union force bindings

david_z 10-09-2012 11:34 AM

Arbor Westmark or it's midwide counterpart, the Blacklist? Extra girth in the BL should give you more stability on the jumps but I don't think the Westmark would have trouble on 15-footers. They go for $399 this year so that's well within your budget.

kctahoe 10-09-2012 11:38 AM

I second the westmark, have one and love it, but in your case with size 11s I'd go for the blacklist.

Combat_medic 10-09-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david_z (Post 524745)
Arbor Westmark or it's midwide counterpart, the Blacklist? Extra girth in the BL should give you more stability on the jumps but I don't think the Westmark would have trouble on 15-footers. They go for $399 this year so that's well within your budget.

what do you think about the 2013 Rome Artifact Rocker?

Combat_medic 10-09-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kctahoe (Post 524749)
I second the westmark, have one and love it, but in your case with size 11s I'd go for the blacklist.

Not really digging the design :cool:

Nivek 10-09-2012 11:58 AM

Did you start a new thread cause we were telling you to learn if you can't press your Nanner? Yeah still that.

If you want a new board though, and actually you should cause the Banana is garbage, then sure.

Though you're not winning points by disregarding a board cause of graphic. The Blacklist is one of the greatest park boards of all time. And you can reference my post in your other thread for what I suggest to you.

Combat_medic 10-09-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nivek (Post 524766)
Did you start a new thread cause we were telling you to learn if you can't press your Nanner? Yeah still that.

If you want a new board though, and actually you should cause the Banana is garbage, then sure.

Though you're not winning points by disregarding a board cause of graphic. The Blacklist is one of the greatest park boards of all time. And you can reference my post in your other thread for what I suggest to you.

I could care less of you guys telling me 'how to ride'. I know my truth. Just because I wasn't too fond of the nana doesn't mean I don't know how to ride.

Nivek 10-09-2012 12:07 PM

At 170lbs you should not be having trouble pressing a Banana, I can muscle around a 55 Destroyer doubledog which is stiffer than the Banana and I weighed 145 at the time. Just sayin.

I recommended you some stuff. I stand by them.

david_z 10-09-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Combat_medic (Post 524754)
what do you think about the 2013 Rome Artifact Rocker?

You don't want a noodle, ergo you don't want the Artifact Rocker.

Basti 10-09-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Combat_medic (Post 524730)
Under $500

It should have a nice design. That's important to me. I wouldnt like to get a shitty car that goes 200mph. I like LOOKS and PERFORMANCE. Oh and a board with great pop

How are we supposed to know what constitutes a "nice design" for you? You've been given probably the best choice (Westmark/Blacklist). Then why don't you tell us which designs are worth it to maybe sacrifice performance, so we can be of better help.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2