Powder Board - Jones, K2, or ?? - Page 6 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 09:55 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFBF View Post
Nice!
I need pow i'm in the same boat as you..I'm on the fence between the 2 boards.

K2's website needs to throw some more details out there! Peacekeeper reviews are scarce.
Agreed. I kinda sorta am going for the Ultra 58... It's just flat out a little more versatile than the Peacekeper... And as much as I want a pow-directional specific board, I just CAN'T steer away from versatility! Especially as an agressive resort/sidecountry rider.
iNeedPow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 12:39 AM   #52 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNeedPow View Post
Did you test them both in pow and/or piste? Can you emphasize why you liked the Ultra better a bit?
just on piste with small hits off natural features. Did the same routine for the slayblade, the peacekeeper and the ultra dream. slayblade and peacekeeper felt dead-ish, ultra dream was lively. That's all. It was just a demo day, so nothing really scientific or done over enough days to be conclusive. I did find all three to be normal snowboards with metal edges that carve into the snow when I turned.

edit: Personally, I am just going to wait until BFBF buys one and tests it and tells me what he thinks. We have the same boards and think the same things about them, so I trust his opinion, no homo

Last edited by Supra; 11-07-2012 at 12:42 AM.
Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:07 AM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra View Post
just on piste with small hits off natural features. Did the same routine for the slayblade, the peacekeeper and the ultra dream. slayblade and peacekeeper felt dead-ish, ultra dream was lively. That's all. It was just a demo day, so nothing really scientific or done over enough days to be conclusive. I did find all three to be normal snowboards with metal edges that carve into the snow when I turned.

edit: Personally, I am just going to wait until BFBF buys one and tests it and tells me what he thinks. We have the same boards and think the same things about them, so I trust his opinion, no homo
Lol You're a funny guy supra - no homo -
BFBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:58 AM   #54 (permalink)
ETM
Veteran Member

this thread is turning ghey!
ETM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:30 AM   #55 (permalink)

A couple of pow boards that haven't come up:

1) Gnu Dirty Pillow. Fantastic float and very switch/freestyle capable.

2) Capita Charlie Slasher. 400 bucks, taper, Has a tail. Fun, no-nonsense pow board.

3) Rome Notch. Not quite a Tom Burt Winterstick, but headed in that direction.
matty19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:48 PM   #56 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNeedPow View Post
Agreed. I kinda sorta am going for the Ultra 58... It's just flat out a little more versatile than the Peacekeper... And as much as I want a pow-directional specific board, I just CAN'T steer away from versatility! Especially as an agressive resort/sidecountry rider.
Supra, **dreamy eyed** tell them the story about how great the burton sherlock is.
phony_stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:27 PM   #57 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Just to throw my opinion into the mix, if I were to get another pow board this season after just selling my trusty K2 Gyrator (instead of a possible split purchase) I'd prob be considering stuff like:
Capita Charlie Slasher, Salomon Powder Snake, and Jones Hovercraft for that pricepoint.
I'd have to do more research for the higher pricepoint (more in line with the Gyrator and Ride Slackcountry) but I'd look into stuff like the Salomon Sick Stick, Rome Notch, Nitro Slash, Signal Epic, and Smokin Pinner
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:33 PM   #58 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple8Sol View Post
Just to throw my opinion into the mix, if I were to get another pow board this season after just selling my trusty K2 Gyrator (instead of a possible split purchase) I'd prob be considering stuff like:
Capita Charlie Slasher, Salomon Powder Snake, and Jones Hovercraft for that pricepoint.
I'd have to do more research for the higher pricepoint (more in line with the Gyrator and Ride Slackcountry) but I'd look into stuff like the Salomon Sick Stick, Rome Notch, Nitro Slash, Signal Epic, and Smokin Pinner
The Charlie Slasher should, in my opinion, be everyone's first powder board. It looks like a snowboard and rides like a snowboard, but in powder. I even hit a coupla 180s and they didn't feel weird.

My bottomless day at Sierra and one at Kirkwood were two of the funnest days I've had with my clothes on thanks to Charlie.

Supra, waiting on the Sherlock sell.....

(I want one of those next)
Old 11-08-2012, 07:11 PM   #59 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phony_stark View Post
Supra, **dreamy eyed** tell them the story about how great the burton sherlock is.
well, yeah, the Sherlock is perfect for that. If the Sherlock is a 10, I'd give the ultra an 8 (but I haven't ridden it in pow, and it def won't be as fun as the sherlock).

I will third the charlie slasher. Everybody mentions the price (which is amazing), but it's def not like it's one of those 'cheaper' boards. I think it might have started out that way with just a regular core and extruded base, but they've upgraded it over the years to the point where regardless of price it can be compared to any other powder board out there and hold it's own.
Malolo vs Charlie used to be a good comparison, but Barracuda vs Charlie? no question charlie wins it
Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:14 PM   #60 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Word. Charlie is Sintered...carbon in the nose, MOAR taper than the cudda, andmade by Elan (it matters to me).
It allowed a powder n00b (only maaaaaaybe 4-5 days a year) to blow by riders who are, most likely, MUCH better than me.

Also your back leg feels great at the end of the day. No more p0w, pimp limp, afterward.