Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Powder Board - Jones, K2, or ?? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/50119-powder-board-jones-k2.html)

binarypie 10-09-2012 12:49 PM

Powder Board - Jones, K2, or ??

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a new powder board and I can't seem to figure out which board would suit my style of riding.

I currently have a 2010 K2 gyrator and it does very well for me. It is a light board, twin-ish IIRc and basically unsinkable. It does very well in the trees and hasn't given me any problems off cliffs up to ~20ft.

Think of my riding style as freestyle influenced freeriding. I love to jump and spin off of natural features as well bomb through the trees. So the board has to be quick edge to edge. A lot of big mountain boards wont work for me because of this.

My stats:
5'9"
155lbs
9.5 boot

The list:

Jones Flagship 158
Jones Mountain Twin 157 or 160
K2 Ultra Dream 158
K2 Peace Keeper 159

I'm also open to other ideas.

Thanks for your help!
~ BP

Basti 10-09-2012 12:58 PM

The Ultra Dream is great. Also check out the YES Pick your Line. Amazing pow board with plenty of freestyle possibilities.

Jones boards are made at the Nidecker factory which sometimes have quality issues. YES used to be built there as well but (according to a rep) for this season they moved to the Elan factory which is a big step up. I own a Pick your Line and it's my favorite.

Nivek 10-09-2012 01:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'd probably say the Ultra Dream.

KIRKRIDER 10-09-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by binarypie (Post 524759)
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a new powder board and I can't seem to figure out which board would suit my style of riding.

I currently have a 2010 K2 gyrator and it does very well for me. It is a light board, twin-ish IIRc and basically unsinkable. It does very well in the trees and hasn't given me any problems off cliffs up to ~20ft.

Think of my riding style as freestyle influenced freeriding. I love to jump and spin off of natural features as well bomb through the trees. So the board has to be quick edge to edge. A lot of big mountain boards wont work for me because of this.

My stats:
5'9"
155lbs
9.5 boot

The list:

Jones Flagship 158
Jones Mountain Twin 157 or 160
K2 Ultra Dream 158
K2 Peace Keeper 159

I'm also open to other ideas.

Thanks for your help!
~ BP

May I suggest.....http://www.millsmountaineering.com/m...raftsolid1.jpg

binarypie 10-09-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KIRKRIDER (Post 524777)

I've thought about that but that means no riding switch.

ShredLife 10-09-2012 01:49 PM

Well, you said powder board... Any board can land landings switch or take 20-30ft of run-in switch.... Do a lot of switch powder riding do you?

binarypie 10-09-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShredLife (Post 524784)
Well, you said powder board... Any board can land landings switch or take 20-30ft of run-in switch.... Do a lot of switch powder riding do you?

It isn't like I do an entire run switch... which would put me forward of center. I think that would be a very little fun.

More so I can feel confident that I can land or approach switch where required and not feel trapped if I'm on the wrong edge.

KIRKRIDER 10-09-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by binarypie (Post 524782)
I've thought about that but that means no riding switch.

Hovercrafters swear they can ride switch too. Of course a tail like that is not ideal. You ride Kirkwood...I'm addicted to that place. See you in line for 6!

binarypie 10-09-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KIRKRIDER (Post 524789)
Hovercrafters swear they can ride switch too. Of course a tail like that is not ideal. You ride Kirkwood...I'm addicted to that place. See you in line for 6!

I'll be a brighter version of last year and the year before.

green pants blue jacket. :)

KIRKRIDER 10-09-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by binarypie (Post 524790)
I'll be a brighter version of last year and the year before.

green pants blue jacket. :)

Unless I renew mine...still black on black. Probably new helmet. You got your pass already? man I'm Jonesing to Jones that Jones board.