Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Salomon Villain vs Flow Verve? open to other suggestions too (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/50123-salomon-villain-vs-flow-verve-open.html)

sxdaca 10-09-2012 05:46 PM

Salomon Villain vs Flow Verve? open to other suggestions too

Hi

Im still undecided about the stick that i will purchase, i want a flexible board for the park that can handle small to mid size jumps. Flows M9 will probably be bindings. Somebody told me to look at the Parkstar or the Era too but i think the last one would be a little bit stiffer for what i want.

...so Verve vs Villain, im open to more suggestions too.

I ride in the east coast, the snow is not good most the time being very icy. I'm 6'2" 185 lbs.

Please give some advice people, last time just one person answered me and help me a lot narrowing my list so i wish this thread would interest more people to help me please.

Thanks

sxdaca 10-09-2012 10:34 PM

:dunno: :(

jdang307 10-09-2012 10:56 PM

Usually when you beg people to help and point out that nobody helped you last time nobody is going to help. Just saying. It sounds whiny.

Pick whatever is cheaper and you like the graphics better.

Get the Villain. It's a new model.

Nivek 10-09-2012 10:56 PM

K, chill. Yeah we somehow missed this one, but it's only been 5 hours.

Villain is actually similar in flex to the Era. So not that if you think the Era is gonna be too stiff. Drift Rocker instead.

And then I say get the Verve. Carbon and rolled base between the feet all for what like $360? Its a killer deal and a solid board.

snowklinger 10-09-2012 11:48 PM

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...VPvprZFp73uNw3

Now you're getting it.

You have to be an annoying blunted_combat_troll in order to have anyone respond.

Nivek seems to be more of a stick than carrot guy :cheeky4:

sxdaca 10-10-2012 05:54 PM

Thanks

I can get both 2013 verve for 180 and the villain for 243. Actually I have 370 in store credit and money won't be an issue pretty much for any board. my girlfriend works there and she can get good discounts ( so if u think there is something better let me know) The think is now I have doubts on the price of the verve, seems too cheap. I have heard great things about that board and is on top of my list. I know money doesn't guaranteed good quality but if I have to put some extra bucks for something better I'll do it.

If u say the verve 154 or 157 ?

Nivek 10-10-2012 10:58 PM

If you want something jibbier the 154 Verve. If you want more stability, just bump up to the 155 Era or 154 Shifty. Don't be fooled by Flow's lower prices, they are killer boards worth more than you pay.

From Salomon if you want something jibby the Drift rocker for sure. For more stability and more capability on the rest of the mountain the Villain is a truly well done board.

snowklinger 10-11-2012 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sxdaca (Post 525290)
Thanks
I know money doesn't guaranteed good quality but if I have to put some extra bucks for something better I'll do it.

Added Luxury Money will go alot further in your boots and bindings.

Rocks have no respect for how much the base and rails of your board cost you.

sxdaca 10-11-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowklinger (Post 525433)
Added Luxury Money will go alot further in your boots and bindings.

Rocks have no respect for how much the base and rails of your board cost you.

That's true.

I want something jibbier so verve is the one. I also want something good on landings and since it has some camber on it should be decent. I'm 185 lbs and I shouldn't have any problem on the 154 right? And I'm size 11 on boots, would I have any trouble with that?

Thanks for the input

Nivek 10-11-2012 10:35 PM

It will probably be less than comfortable on anything over 25ft, but yeah you'll be fine otherwise. Footsize is fine too.