Nitro T1 2008 vs Ride DH 2008 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2008, 05:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
rancidivy

Default Nitro T1 2008 vs Ride DH 2008

Hey Guys,

Im heading into my 2nd season only and am looking to buy my first board. I have spent a bit of time at my local board shop and have gone through the whole setup phase with the guys. The following 2 boards are what we have narrowed it down to in regard of my weight, skill, boot size and style of riding. I would say I am probably early intermediate and am a freerider at this stage who is still trying to refine my skills on the slopes.

The 2 boards we have narrowed it down to me getting are the Nitro T1 2008 or the Ride DH 2008.

Could you guys please let me know your experiences with these boards and which one you think is a better all round board that will help me get more advanced in my riding, and ultimately which one I should buy.

Cheers,

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2008, 06:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

the DH is a great board but known to be a park slayer. i basically only use mine for park but I did take it out one day at Jay Peak this year and it was chattery as all hell while cruising. dont know much about the T1 but if your more of a freerider at this point i would stay away from the DH.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

the t1 is awesome. its basically an all around deck. sick in the park, but does not chatter at high speeds at all.
rgrwilco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 05:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
rancidivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrwilco View Post
the t1 is awesome. its basically an all around deck. sick in the park, but does not chatter at high speeds at all.
is it work getting a T2 or is the T1 a pretty good first deck?
Old 04-06-2008, 09:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Krankenstein

The ride DH is a good board but is geared mainly toward the park. I really don't know about the nitro. I have an older model of the DH w/ Beta Movements and love it. It has a lot of pop and can handle anything in the park but at high speeds it is a bit chattery. Its got enough flex to have fun jibbing as well. Only downside I have noticed is high speed (and pow of course).
Old 04-07-2008, 10:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
Gustov

didn't you say you did freeride? i don't understand why you are looking at park boards.

anyway, i don't have any experience with those boards, but i do have a nitro magnum, and can basically say that they make high quality stuff, i've never had a problem.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
rancidivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustov View Post
didn't you say you did freeride? i don't understand why you are looking at park boards.

anyway, i don't have any experience with those boards, but i do have a nitro magnum, and can basically say that they make high quality stuff, i've never had a problem.
Yeah, reason I'm looking at park boards was because I really want to improve my turning technique and wanted something like a 56 T1 or 57 DH that was going to be short enough and responsive enough to let me not only refine my long slow turn but also improve my fast snappy ones for steep hill descents. I really want a board that will help me develop my technique, and maybe progress with me as I start doing some small jumps and maybe later this season a few rails. Does that make sense?

The general consensus I have found is that a lot of the boards these days can be pretty multi-purpose, especially the park boards which can allow great progression and versatility. Is this correct?

Cheers,

Chris
Old 04-08-2008, 07:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

you are right. youl have a better time taking a park board to the mountain then you would trying to take an all mountain board to the park.
rgrwilco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:28 AM   #9 (permalink)
livelyjay

I would go with the Nitro board out of the two, but I would say go with the T2 or the Team Boards as the are Freestyle All Mountain boards instead of just freestyle specific boards and it's only slightly more expensive (at least online, $30 more than the T1).