Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   K2 Slayblade w/ Rome Targa Bindings?? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/50270-k2-slayblade-w-rome-targa-bindings.html)

Heatwave 10-15-2012 10:26 AM

K2 Slayblade w/ Rome Targa Bindings??

Hi all,

Just a quick question really. Looking to upgrade my bindings to something a bit more responsive (currently using Ride Deltas) for my 2012 K2 Slayblade. Am thinking of getting 2013 Rome Targas.

Would anyone recommend this set up?

Thanks

snowklinger 10-15-2012 10:32 AM

Yea the Targas are well liked around here as a responsive binding for big mountain use.

Heatwave 10-15-2012 10:47 AM

Thanks, I'd heard mixed reviews of the Targas, but after having a look at them I thought they would best suit my style of riding.

Triple8Sol 10-15-2012 02:11 PM

That will be a perfectly mated setup. Other bindings to consider: Flux DMCC, K2 Company, Union Atlas.

Heatwave 10-15-2012 03:50 PM

Yeah it was between the Rome Targas and the Union Atlas, but the I liked the canted footbeds and the ankle strap on the Targas more.

The Flux bindings are sweet, but difficult to find in the UK, and not to mention expensive over here!

Anyways, I've ordered the Targas, hopefully they should suit my stiff ol' Slayblade and cope well across all the mountain. I'll let you know how the pair match up!!

Thanks guys

bpowder 11-22-2012 11:14 AM

hi dude, did you buy targas already? i just have same problem with choosing targas or atlas bindings, for FR/FS + park riding

Heatwave 11-22-2012 11:38 AM

hi, yeah got the Targas in the end. Really nice bindings!! I wanted a hard-charging, aggressive binding for mainly all-mountain, freeriding on groomers and powder, I've got park/FS specific setups. Personally, I wouldn't recommend these bindings for park or freestyle, they are too stiff! they have a lot of adjustability, whereas the Unions dont have any, but I'd say the unions are a bit softer and more of a "do-it-all" binding. It sounds like you want a binding to do it all so personally I'd recommend the atlas over the Targa's, purely because the targas are very responsive and not really made for lapping the park. That being said, if you're set on the targas, they can handle the park and fs riding, but imo there are better orientated bindings out there.

Heatwave 11-22-2012 11:41 AM

oh, btw, the targas handle groomers and powder really well, and are super comfortable!

bpowder 11-22-2012 11:45 AM

thanks for info!

well im not any good in the park, never tried real snowpark, just some smaller things with friends. this year i want to spend 50 % time in the forest, riding powder and jumping some and 50 % in the park trying some grabs + boxes

Heatwave 11-23-2012 03:09 AM

I think Rome bindings vs Union bindings is like comparing chalk and cheese - on one hand you have a binding that incorporates a lot of customisation for each individual, on the other hand you have a binding which is ready out of the box!

The targas can be customised for FS riding, but imo are made for a more "serious" setup (hence why I use them on my Slayblade, use the stiff inserts on the ankle strap, and have lean angles on the highbacks). On the other hand the Atlas are ready out the box for all-mountain freestyle riding. Personally, I'm not a big fan of Union and find their bindings way over-hyped :eek: (I'm gonna get shot for bad mouthing Union!!) but if they work for you then go for them! I'm not a fan boy of any particular brand but I find Rome bindings the most comfortable, and I would suggest looking at the 390 Boss as a good all-rounder if you like Rome products.

Have a look and feel of them both, my guess is that the Unions will probably be lighter than the Rome. Also take your boots into the shop and try them on with the bindings (you may have to adjust the Rome's before they fit properly).

Let me know how you get on.