K2 Slayblade w/ Rome Targa Bindings?? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2012, 10:26 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default K2 Slayblade w/ Rome Targa Bindings??

Hi all,

Just a quick question really. Looking to upgrade my bindings to something a bit more responsive (currently using Ride Deltas) for my 2012 K2 Slayblade. Am thinking of getting 2013 Rome Targas.

Would anyone recommend this set up?

Thanks
Heatwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2012, 10:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned!

Yea the Targas are well liked around here as a responsive binding for big mountain use.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:47 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks, I'd heard mixed reviews of the Targas, but after having a look at them I thought they would best suit my style of riding.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

That will be a perfectly mated setup. Other bindings to consider: Flux DMCC, K2 Company, Union Atlas.

Official Gear List: http://www.snowboardingforum.com/blo...gear-list.html
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

Yeah it was between the Rome Targas and the Union Atlas, but the I liked the canted footbeds and the ankle strap on the Targas more.

The Flux bindings are sweet, but difficult to find in the UK, and not to mention expensive over here!

Anyways, I've ordered the Targas, hopefully they should suit my stiff ol' Slayblade and cope well across all the mountain. I'll let you know how the pair match up!!

Thanks guys
Old 11-22-2012, 11:14 AM   #6 (permalink)

hi dude, did you buy targas already? i just have same problem with choosing targas or atlas bindings, for FR/FS + park riding
bpowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:38 AM   #7 (permalink)

hi, yeah got the Targas in the end. Really nice bindings!! I wanted a hard-charging, aggressive binding for mainly all-mountain, freeriding on groomers and powder, I've got park/FS specific setups. Personally, I wouldn't recommend these bindings for park or freestyle, they are too stiff! they have a lot of adjustability, whereas the Unions dont have any, but I'd say the unions are a bit softer and more of a "do-it-all" binding. It sounds like you want a binding to do it all so personally I'd recommend the atlas over the Targa's, purely because the targas are very responsive and not really made for lapping the park. That being said, if you're set on the targas, they can handle the park and fs riding, but imo there are better orientated bindings out there.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:41 AM   #8 (permalink)

oh, btw, the targas handle groomers and powder really well, and are super comfortable!
Old 11-22-2012, 11:45 AM   #9 (permalink)

thanks for info!

well im not any good in the park, never tried real snowpark, just some smaller things with friends. this year i want to spend 50 % time in the forest, riding powder and jumping some and 50 % in the park trying some grabs + boxes
bpowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:09 AM   #10 (permalink)

I think Rome bindings vs Union bindings is like comparing chalk and cheese - on one hand you have a binding that incorporates a lot of customisation for each individual, on the other hand you have a binding which is ready out of the box!

The targas can be customised for FS riding, but imo are made for a more "serious" setup (hence why I use them on my Slayblade, use the stiff inserts on the ankle strap, and have lean angles on the highbacks). On the other hand the Atlas are ready out the box for all-mountain freestyle riding. Personally, I'm not a big fan of Union and find their bindings way over-hyped (I'm gonna get shot for bad mouthing Union!!) but if they work for you then go for them! I'm not a fan boy of any particular brand but I find Rome bindings the most comfortable, and I would suggest looking at the 390 Boss as a good all-rounder if you like Rome products.

Have a look and feel of them both, my guess is that the Unions will probably be lighter than the Rome. Also take your boots into the shop and try them on with the bindings (you may have to adjust the Rome's before they fit properly).

Let me know how you get on.