5'9 200lbs board selection - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 06:00 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 5'9 200lbs board selection

Hey guys hows it going brand new to this site been snowboarding for a few years now used to be big into it then fell off for a couple years and last year was my first year back and im hooked! I am a fairly decent rider and do a combination of park to backcountry im from AB so i tend to ride sunshine alot!
now my last board is a 11/12 forum recon 153 I didnt mind riding it but my biggest concern is my feet I need a wider board was also wondering about size my weight can range from 195-215 and feet are about 11, (need to do foot measure test im away working with no tools) ive always used boards that are 152-153 in length and am kinda scared to move to a longer board just for spins/mobility but i really think with my weight i should... just looking for some opinions i really wanna do my research and buy a board that is right for me finally
hopefully i get some feedback ill throw some links up to the boards ive kinda sorted between!
animal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2012, 06:05 AM   #2 (permalink)

Burton Super Hero Wide Snowboard 2013 | evo

Lib Tech Skate Banana BTX (Blue/Green) Wide Snowboard 2013 | evo

CAPiTA Horrorscope Wide Snowboard 2013 | evo

Bataleon Global Warmer Wide Snowboard 2013 | evo

id prefure something thats abit flexier for jibbing and just messing around and a Sintered Base wide, but yet will still take me throughout the mountain if need be
thanks everyone
animal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned!

I'd throw out the first 2 you posted and put up these 3 midwides as frontrunners:

155-57 Arbor Blacklist

156 NS Legacy

152-55 NS Revolver
Old 10-16-2012, 12:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

dont be afraid of the longer board, it wont slow your spins down and will make a lot of your other riding more enjoyable, stomping landings, going fast, riping pow... At 200lbs i would be looking at a 157-160 for a do everything board, especially when riding real mountains like in AB. There are a lot of different rocker profiles out now, i'd suggest trying some boards out and figuring out what you like. I like boards with rocker in the middle, more than boards with flat or cambered middle sections. They tend to be more playful and quicker turning and adjust faster in the pow. Flat boards tend to feel more stable. When looking at a all mountain board, in my opinion you can go with a bigger softer board, or a smaller stiffer board. I like big and soft.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:18 PM   #5 (permalink)

maybe a bataleon whatever or goliath if you really wanna do everything? the GW might be too noodly, maybe
RickB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:25 PM   #6 (permalink)

I've always been a fan of shorter boards cause I love the trees and even enjoy moguls..when I was younger I rode 152 but now I ride a 157 T.Rice Pro, which might be decent for you as well. i'm 5'10" and around 195. It's also a little wider than some boards so It might be right up your alley. Might be a bit stiff for you if you spend a lot of time in the park.
TorpedoVegas is offline   Reply With Quote