K2 Darkstar for Noobie - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 11:11 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default K2 Darkstar for Noobie

What's up guys? My name is Nick, and I just moved from Georgia to Colorado so I'm looking to get into snowboarding. I'm 5'10, 180 lbs, and wear size 11 shoe. I've been snow boarding a few times, and picked it up very quickly.

I would say I'm between noob and intermediate. I feel confident taking double blacks (slowly), and have tried to ride the park (but suck). I'm looking for a good first snowboard that will be able to stick with me as I progress. Leaning toward K2 Darkstar 159.

I have been reading reviews for a few days, but there are so many choices it is a little overwhelming. I'm looking for a versatile board, that will allow me to be at least capable in parks. I have also been thinking about K2 Hurrithane or Cinch (sp?) bindings. There seems to be a lot of knowledge and experience here so any advice on would be very appreciated. I'm not loyal to any brand, and don't care much about graphics. Just looking to get the most for my $$$. Are there any fatal flaws or limitations to the Darkstar?

I'll most likely go to a shop, and try on boots/bindings, then order it online. My budget is around $400-$500, and the 2011 Darkstar goes for $199 on line which leaves around $300 for boots/bindings. I don't mind buying a slightly used board to leave room for boots/bindings, but would prefer new gear. Thanks guys.

Last edited by rocketpod23; 10-16-2012 at 11:16 AM.
rocketpod23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2012, 03:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

K2 Formula Snowboard Bindings 2012 | evo outlet
or
K2 Uprise Snowboard Bindings 2012 | evo outlet

are better choices for bindings as there are not a lot of ppl that like the cinch and the Hurrithane will be to soft. These will be better for what you need.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote