Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Good setup for groomers, powder and jumps. (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/50329-good-setup-groomers-powder-jumps.html)

Spyrothedragon9 10-16-2012 05:38 PM

Good setup for groomers, powder and jumps.

I currently use pretty much the lowest-end Burton setup. Invader boots, White Collection standard board and freestyle bindings. As I learned more and more, I became apparent that my setup is pretty much the exact opposite of what I would want as a person that only rides groomers, and powder when there is very heavy snowfall during the day as well as the occasional jump. I've never been to a park and I have no interest in going to one. From my understanding I would want a stiff setup. What are some good recommendations. I'm going to be buying gear soon and I will be trying everything on but I would just like a few tips and recommendations from people that are more experienced than I am. I consider myself a pretty good rider. I ride black diamond trails at Mont St. Anne and Le Massif no problem.

Ugh, I forgot the question mark in the title :/

StrattonRider 10-16-2012 06:00 PM

Here are my suggestions :)
board: Burton Custom X
bindings: Burton Malavita EST
boots: i can't suggest anything because it all depends on what fit you like the best

Spyrothedragon9 10-16-2012 08:12 PM

You don't think the Malavita is to soft?
I'm seriously considering the Burton Ion Boot.

AJHXXXIII 10-16-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyrothedragon9 (Post 527527)

I ride 2012 Malavitas all over the mountain (except the park) and I have never had a problem or thought they were to soft for any type of terrai I have ridden. Someone else will probably chime in and give you a better answer but I ride them all mountain.

Justin 10-16-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrattonRider (Post 527473)
Here are my suggestions :)
board: Burton Custom X
bindings: Burton Malavita EST
boots: i can't suggest anything because it all depends on what fit you like the best

if you don't have cash to burn
Rossignol One Magtek Snowboard 2012 | evo outlet

Rome Targa Snowboard Bindings ** Snowboard Bindings ** SHORELINE of TAHOE

lots of other options out there as well. look up some reviews on all mountain or freeride boards depending on where you ride. you have to try boots on.

jbernste03 10-16-2012 11:19 PM

That's pretty much my riding style. I just got a t. rice pro hp. Alil pricey but I got good money for my 4 yr old custom. Im going to ride it with my super stiff Burton c60s , best freeride bindings I have ever owned. U can find them all over eBay. And my boots are a stiff dc judge t. Rice pro model. All around stiff settup

Lamps 10-17-2012 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyrothedragon9 (Post 527527)

I have the ion boot, it would be good match for custom X, and my riding preferences are very similar to yours.

My bindings are C60's, I was going to switch to diodes but am not sure. Suggest custom x plus ions plus used c60's would be very stiff, responsive combo.

timmytard 10-17-2012 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin (Post 527570)
if you don't have cash to burn
Rossignol One Magtek Snowboard 2012 | evo outlet

Rome Targa Snowboard Bindings ** Snowboard Bindings ** SHORELINE of TAHOE

lots of other options out there as well. look up some reviews on all mountain or freeride boards depending on where you ride. you have to try boots on.

Or perhaps this one, Rossi Jibsaw.
Rossignol Jibsaw Magtek Snowboard 2012 | evo outlet

I got to demo this board & it was awesome, this will handle anything & everything you can possibly throw @ it. Guaranteed.

I had a 2011 Burton Hero, that I thought was really good. It's a high end board.
After demo-ing the Rossi Jibsaw, the Burton sucked.
It was almost brand new, so I sold it as fast as I could before I could wreck it.

This is my 25th season snowboarding, I've owned more than 100 boards, this board is a good one.
I have yet to see one on Craigslist ever, the people who have bought them aren't sellin' em.

TT