Need advise on the new board, please - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 11:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Need advise on the new board, please

I'm looking to get a new board and I hope somebody can help me here. I was looking at Neve Summer Proto 157, I'm 6.1, 185 doing 70% park and the rest all mountain.
I'm thinking that this one should do it. Also, I don't think I'm going to like white color. I never had a white board before.
Does any of you who had an experience with the white board and noticed any difference in riding? Also, is there any other compatible boards to Proto?
Just noticed that majority of people on this forum own and talk mostly about Never Summer boards, is there a reason?

Thanks
linkinem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2012, 11:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

Neversummer is a great company who makes quality boards right here in the USA. People like that they are based in the US and they also were one of the first companies to patent a rocker camber tech and imo they do it best. The proto sounds like it would be a great fit for you. There are plenty of comparable boards, but I'll let you figure out which ones on your own. I have to assume you're joking about the white color riding differently because that's just an absurd notion. If you really don't like white though, they released a limited edition black version that is available through bc surf and skate.
a bag of it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

its not that I think it rides differently. I just thought that white color blends with snow and its harder to maneuver or something like that, I think it just might be psychological thing for me.
Can you give any example of other companies that is exactly the same as Proto?
linkinem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

That literally makes no sense at all...you don't look at your board to maneuver it
a bag of it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:56 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by a bag of it View Post
If you really don't like white though, they released a limited edition black version that is available through bc surf and skate.
I bought black Cartels with 3 weeks to go last season for a great price, bought black because I wanted them to be neutral enough for the new board I planned to buy. Now my minds set on the Proto CT and I was thinkin the black cartels might not go well with it! Cheers for that mate, I like it in black!
Richie67 is offline   Reply With Quote