Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Burton Cartel or Union Forces (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/5035-burton-cartel-union-forces.html)

fostpaint 04-05-2008 09:30 AM

Burton Cartel or Union Forces

So I've been trying to decide on bindings. I've got about $100 to drop. I can get Cartels at a local shop or Forces online, both for about the same price. (can't find any Rome for that low, much as I might like to). Anyone have a recommendation? and because I want to be an informed consumer, why do you recommend what you do?

crazyface 04-05-2008 12:59 PM

i have forces and they are great. easily worth the $100. i havent used cartels though, so i cant compare them.

fostpaint 04-05-2008 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyface (Post 46603)
i have forces and they are great. easily worth the $100. i havent used cartels though, so i cant compare them.

How's the toestrap on the forces? Nobody around here has them so I can't manhandle them like I want to.

NickNorth11 04-05-2008 01:19 PM

What style riding do you do most?

crazyface 04-05-2008 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fostpaint (Post 46606)
How's the toestrap on the forces? Nobody around here has them so I can't manhandle them like I want to.

i like the toestrap a lot. i only use them as capstraps and they never slid or loosen. they are really "soft"(cant really think of a better word) and they conform to the toe of your boot really well.

fostpaint 04-06-2008 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickNorth11 (Post 46607)
What style riding do you do most?

I suppose that would have helped, huh? I'm really still learning (this is my first set up) but I'm expecting to be mostly all mountain on the grooms (on the "ice coast") and would like to be able to get the occasional air. I don't expect to be hitting crazy rails anytime in the future, and not doing any backcountry runs, though the occasional glade run up at Jay Peak once my skills are there might be nice.

fostpaint 04-06-2008 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyface (Post 46611)
i like the toestrap a lot. i only use them as capstraps and they never slid or loosen. they are really "soft"(cant really think of a better word) and they conform to the toe of your boot really well.

Cool. that was actually my concern about the toestrap-- it looked a lot stiffer in pictures than I hoped it would be

fostpaint 04-07-2008 01:23 PM

Any other opinions? I'm leaning towards the Forces right now, after reading some concern elsewhere on the Forum about the toestrap on the Cartels slipping up off the toe.

Mirax H 04-07-2008 01:55 PM

My boyfriend and I both are using the Cartels and have not had any problems with the toestrap slipping up off the toe. We are both pretty pleased with them and their adjustability.

fostpaint 04-10-2008 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirax H (Post 46833)
My boyfriend and I both are using the Cartels and have not had any problems with the toestrap slipping up off the toe. We are both pretty pleased with them and their adjustability.

Are you rocking this year's Cartels or a previous year?