Never Summer sl or ??? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2012, 07:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Never Summer sl or ???

Iv been doing alot of research on neversummer and the sl looks like its perfect for my riding style stable at high speeds decent at the park and good in the woods i kno theres alot of good companies anybody got suggestions for boards similar to the sl or good for what i mentioned price doesn't matter
yzryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2012, 07:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

Depends how much park you actually are going to do. However, the Proto comes to mind more when I read your post than the SL.
areveruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Don't start useless new threads. It's annoying. you already have a lot of feedback. Make a decision.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Don't start useless new threads. It's annoying. you already have a lot of feedback. Make a decision.
Yea i kno i got feed back but only on never summer just asking about other companies sorry but im not gonna drop 5 to 600 on something im not 100% on
Old 10-18-2012, 07:28 PM   #5 (permalink)

So quit yapping and buy Never Summer.
areveruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by areveruz View Post
So quit yapping and buy Never Summer.
I most likely will just curious bout different companies i see ur from mass u ever hit up Jimmy peak
Old 10-18-2012, 07:58 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzryder View Post
I most likely will just curious bout different companies
I suggest to have a look at this comapnies:
ROME, LIB TECH, K2, SIGNAL, GNU, YES, RIDE, ENDEAVOR, CAPITA, ROSSIGNOL and many others

Useless thread Useless Answer
sprinter23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:07 PM   #8 (permalink)

Might want to check out this thread: http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boa...rbor-coda.html

Arbor Coda seems to be a highly regarded all-around board, which could be another good pick for you. I'm considering both the Coda and the SL but favouring the Coda.
BigMountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:45 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMountains View Post
Might want to check out this thread: http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boa...rbor-coda.html

Arbor Coda seems to be a highly regarded all-around board, which could be another good pick for you. I'm considering both the Coda and the SL but favouring the Coda.
It definitely looks like what im looking for i currently own a burton air 157 but i dont kno the rocker type could you or anybody help me out with that i tried to find specs but couldn't get anything specific
Old 10-19-2012, 08:06 PM   #10 (permalink)

The common board profiles and their pros and cons are explained here: http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boa...g-between.html

I've ridden both regular camber and rocker. I loved the camber, hated the rocker. Just like the description says, I felt like the rocker didn't grip snow very well and it tired me out. However, I wasn't an experienced rider then, the groomers might have been fairly packed and the board was a bit too short and possibly not very sharp. But in any case, I don't think rocker can grip snow on groomers like camber can.

That being said, the Coda rocker shape is not drastic and stiffer toward each end. Not 100% sure but I think this helps with carving. Also, the Coda has GripTech which is 4 "bumps" on the side of the board to bring some grip back.

So overall, I don't expect the Coda to do as well on packed groomers as a board with regular camber (or a hybrid like the SL), but based on reviews I expect it to do a reasonable job, possibly even pretty good. However, what I do expect this board to do well is perform in the powder, make quick turns and be a pleasant buttery ride overall. All this is attributed to its rocker profile. Rocker means a lot more catch free.

So combining the board reviews, my expectations of the board and advice from ppl on this forum, I'm opting for Coda as my first choice for an all-mountain board. If I don't like it, maybe I'll sell it and try the SL next.
BigMountains is offline   Reply With Quote