Park board on sale - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2012, 11:36 AM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownRon View Post
Hmm, that's some good info to know. What are your thoughts on the Artifact Rocker?
It's a good stick, personally I just prefer the occasional edge bite from camber and flat. Keeps things under control in an off balance landing.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2012, 06:38 AM   #12 (permalink)

I am having a hard time to find Rome Artifact and Nitro Swindle on sale (here in sweden). Burton Hate 155 and Technine Team Dennison 150 is still available.

Local shop has has a pre-season sale and on that sale I found:
- Technine Wassup Rocker, 152
- Technine T-split binding
Technine Wassup Rocker Black Snowboard - 2012 - SNS Boards - Snowboards N Stuff

The price is within my budget and the board according to reviews I have read this is supposed to be a fun park board, soft enough for butters and still good pop.

Could this be a fun board for the park?
Is 152 to big for me?
Old 10-26-2012, 06:58 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGoldwin View Post
I am having a hard time to find Rome Artifact and Nitro Swindle on sale (here in sweden). Burton Hate 155 and Technine Team Dennison 150 is still available.

Local shop has has a pre-season sale and on that sale I found:
- Technine Wassup Rocker, 152
- Technine T-split binding
Technine Wassup Rocker Black Snowboard - 2012 - SNS Boards - Snowboards N Stuff

The price is within my budget and the board according to reviews I have read this is supposed to be a fun park board, soft enough for butters and still good pop.

Could this be a fun board for the park?
Is 152 to big for me?

You can get a technine on whiskeymilitia for about 150. Theres a reason for that.... They are garbage. I may be giving them a bit of a harsh review, but a friend of mine bought one on the quick last season because his K2 WWW finally saw its last day and he was researching what board he really wanted so in the meantime took advantage of the price. We switched boards for a run because he wanted to ride my Evo. After the run, I told him to take his board back.. There wasn't one good aspect about the technine other than price. First day out, part of the topsheet ripped off of it too.
sleev-les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:22 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleev-les View Post
You can get a technine on whiskeymilitia for about 150. Theres a reason for that.... They are garbage. I may be giving them a bit of a harsh review, but a friend of mine bought one on the quick last season because his K2 WWW finally saw its last day and he was researching what board he really wanted so in the meantime took advantage of the price. We switched boards for a run because he wanted to ride my Evo. After the run, I told him to take his board back.. There wasn't one good aspect about the technine other than price. First day out, part of the topsheet ripped off of it too.
Please explain more about why you didn't like technine? compared to what?
You right about the price: $300 i listprice and it's ~150$ on sale. Are all boards at $150 crap or just the T9n?
Old 10-26-2012, 09:04 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGoldwin View Post
Please explain more about why you didn't like technine? compared to what?
You right about the price: $300 i listprice and it's ~150$ on sale. Are all boards at $150 crap or just the T9n?
I can't compare it to other potential garbage boards because I haven't messed with any. Technines build quality for one. I already mention the topsheet coming off on the first run. Didn't hold shit for an edge. Almost felt like riding a piece of carpet or one of those Walmart boards (only used for reference because, no, I haven't ridden the little kid boards they sell as toys lol).... Best way I can describe it. If you rode one, you would not want to own it. I'd save your 150 for something better. I'd look at what Nivek mentioned.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:24 AM   #16 (permalink)

I have scanned through current sales for park boards with flat camber or rocker in my size.
- Stephchild jib stick reverse camber 153
- Nitro sub zero 152
- Nitro Haze 153
- Nitro T1 zero 154
- Burton Nug 145
- Stephchild Jeo Sexton reverse camber 153
And also previous mentioned from burton and technine.

From this collection which to chose for buttering, jib and small jumps in the park.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:42 AM   #17 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleev-les View Post
They aren't that cheep on whiskey cause they're shit. They do make some shit, but they also made so pretty damn good boards. They're on whiskey cause Backcountry bought out extra stock for cheap and that's how they chose to move it.

OP
From the new list probably the Nitro Haze.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:05 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
They aren't that cheep on whiskey cause they're shit. They do make some shit, but they also made so pretty damn good boards. They're on whiskey cause Backcountry bought out extra stock for cheap and that's how they chose to move it.

OP
From the new list probably the Nitro Haze.
I wish I could remember the one he bought.. Definitely falls into the "shit" line lol. Hence my harsh review comment..
Old 10-26-2012, 11:25 AM   #19 (permalink)

have you checked out the zion wonk? Its 250 brand new and shayboarder says its good for all mountian and park riding. You can pick camber-rocker or camber. I have a zion woah man and I rode the park hard all last year and barely put a dent in the thing.

The woah man is pretty sweet two, the bambo in it is awesome!

Shayboarder's review of the wonk

The woah man is a little more at 325 but I love it!

Zion Woah Man

My woah man review
Old 10-27-2012, 08:14 AM   #20 (permalink)

I have been thinking. But first a quick response to CC. I have a Nitro Team Gullwing 157 as an allmountain board. This is a great and fun board with the whole mountain as playground. Number one choice when we go for a weekend or longer stay at bigger hills.
What I am looking for is a board for my home ride - I have 5 minutes to the local snow-park. 3 slopes of 200-300meters run. A park with 2-3 boxes, some rails, 2-3 small jumps and 1-2 big jumps + all extra fun we can put in the park.
The board in mind should help me evolve my ground tricks. Butters, 180/360 of any small bump in the slope and some tricks in the jumps.
So am I thinking rocker and soft flex for butters, but still pop for ollies etc. Really light swing weight for spins.

Should I go for a cheaper board (~$300 inc bindings) now to play with or should I wait until february when me and some friends go to Utah and see if I can find a better board at the same price then?

I also have a Burton Custom rocker 145W which I played with at the end of last season but it is a little bit to small for butters and not that poppy.

Tags
park