Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Park board on sale (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/50395-park-board-sale.html)

SGoldwin 10-19-2012 12:21 PM

Park board on sale

Pre season sale all over the place - me like. It's time to find something for the park.

I am 5'7" and 148lbs. I am a experienced all mountain raider with less experience in the park.

I am looking for a soft board to have fun in the park. Mostly for playing around - buttering and jibbing. And maybe some jumps.

Should I choose rocker or not?
What length should I choose?

Previous year I played with a Burton Custom v-rocker 145. But it is to small, so something bigger but still playful.

SGoldwin 10-19-2012 12:31 PM

I forgot to say that budget is limited - thats why sale in title.
Somewhere around $500 for board and bindings.

Nivek 10-19-2012 12:58 PM

Look for a Nitro Swindle 152, Ride Kink 152, Flow Verve 152, Signal Park 150, or Salomon Drift Rocker 152.

Put some last years K2 Formulas, Flux TT30's, Raiden Zeros, or Salomon Arcades.

SGoldwin 10-19-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nivek (Post 528522)
Look for a Nitro Swindle 152, Ride Kink 152, Flow Verve 152, Signal Park 150, or Salomon Drift Rocker 152.

Put some last years K2 Formulas, Flux TT30's, Raiden Zeros, or Salomon Arcades.

The only I found on sale was the Nitro Swindle (I live in sweden - a bit limited).
How is the Nitro compared with T9 Team Dennison and Burton Hate?
Is the Nitro a really light board - I like light boards.

Nivek 10-19-2012 06:44 PM

Better than the Hate and T9. Its a great board. Its a thinner core so the weight is a bit down. Lighter than the other two.

ChiTownRon 10-19-2012 07:01 PM

I'm also gonna be looking for a more playful board eventually. Been eyeing the Rome Artifact Rocker or the Capita Horoscope. You should check those out. Very playful boards and I've heard nothing but good things from park riders about em. I think you can find last seasons Artifact for pretty cheap now. I'd say around 230-260$ if you're lucky. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread though. Interested what other people suggest.

Here's the specs to those board though if you're interested.

Rome Artifact Rocker Snowboard | Rome Snowboard Design Syndicate 2013

http://www.capitasnowboarding.com/sn...horrorscope-fk

Nivek 10-19-2012 07:30 PM

I can tell you plenty of bad things about the Horror. A kid currently living on one of my couches broke 4 last year. One in a week. He shreds for sure, but his Signal Park has lasted him half a season already without any issues at all. Not to mention the Horror is the most unstable jib stick I've ever ridden. Disclaimer, I haven't ridden a Whammy Bar.

ChiTownRon 10-20-2012 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nivek (Post 528664)
I can tell you plenty of bad things about the Horror. A kid currently living on one of my couches broke 4 last year. One in a week. He shreds for sure, but his Signal Park has lasted him half a season already without any issues at all. Not to mention the Horror is the most unstable jib stick I've ever ridden. Disclaimer, I haven't ridden a Whammy Bar.

Hmm, that's some good info to know. What are your thoughts on the Artifact Rocker?

SGoldwin 10-20-2012 02:47 AM

According to what I have read the Rome Rtifact rocker is a super soft board.

Check this clip: 2012 Rome Artifact Rocker Flex Test - YouTube

Being so soft does the board suck on pop?

ChiTownRon 10-20-2012 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGoldwin (Post 528766)
According to what I have read the Rome Rtifact rocker is a super soft board.

Check this clip: 2012 Rome Artifact Rocker Flex Test - YouTube

Being so soft does the board suck on pop?

I heard it had good pop.

Have you seen these reviews on it?Rome Artifact Rocker Snowboard 2012 Review - YouTube
Rome Artifact Rocker Snowboard Review 2013 - YouTube
The new 2013 look sick but I think I might have to try and find one of the 2012 models