User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 11:36 PM
Legion_inspired

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Question New goggles?

hey guys/girls im currently doing some market research for an assignment of mine at uni.
anyways i've got this bogus new product idea and i was just hope'n for some feedback on how you reckon it'd fly in the real world, i.e. whether you like it or not in any ideas or probs you have with it. anyways the discription is as follows:

Lumatekz goggles
These goggles follow similar designs to the latest Bolle, Dragon, and Electric goggles when it comes to strap, shape and comfort designs however lumatekz goggles have a thin illuminescent see-through film built into the right side of the goggles lens that connects to a thin wire running along the bottom right rim around to the right side of the goggle where the face meets the strap. Here is where a miniscule internal clock is built into the goggles. When the rider/skier wants to check the time he applies pressure to the touchpad built over the clock and this illuminates the film built into the lens displaying the current time the internal clock is showing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 12:03 AM
Trace63

Pics or gtfo
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 12:26 AM
Legion_inspired

yeah sorry no pics as of yet.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 08:14 AM
NickNorth11

I only get to ride resorts, and they have clocks everywhere. So, for me, this product wouldn't be beneficial.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 10:42 AM
BC-Rider

I have the Spy Zed Blizzards with mirror lens and they are soo comfortable and sharp looking.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 11:59 AM
thelowerclass

Get me the temperature, wind chill, direction, and pong in there and they're sold.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 12:36 PM
Simply^Ride

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelowerclass View Post
Get me the temperature, wind chill, direction, and pong in there and they're sold.
Thats what I was thinking. That would be really cool.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 10:00 PM
Krankenstein

lol... it would be like the turbo fan on my smith goggles (just for showin off, worthless turbo fan). I really wouldn't find much use for it as there are clocks at every lift. If you put other information on there like temps it would be pretty cool.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 10:21 PM
Instructor

yeah man im agreeing with all these other guys, you need more than time in there and what happens if the lens breaks, is the wire connected to the time in the lens?
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 04:59 PM
Legion_inspired

Yeah the wire is connected to the lens, it is detachable though. mind you the new lense would cost a bit more than the standard ones.
"thelowerclass"
Get me the temperature, wind chill, direction, and pong in there and they're sold"
. as for what lowerclass said i can imagine us getting the temperature in there but wind chill, direction and pong is going to comprimise the inherent use of the goggles. i.e. you'll be wearing something more bulky and more fragile which is the last thing i'd want when i'm throwing those 3s of the kickers.
Hey apreciate the honest feedback. the more the better, keep chucking the idea's this way.

an just for some idea of the demographics in stuff can you guys just tell me roughly the level of riders you are and where your from when you throw in a comment? (along with anything else you reckon would help).

and hey if i did manage to chuck in those features, wind chill, pong, etc... in a practical way would you actually pay anymore than the price of electrics or Dragon?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode