What boards are good for this riding style? - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2012, 08:54 PM   #21 (permalink)

I don't think that video was a good representation of that riding I do. Usually the hills I take are much more steep, but I think this one gets the idea across. Let me see if I can find something better.
Spyrothedragon9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2012, 09:03 PM   #22 (permalink)

This is the smaller of 2 mountains that are close to each other that I go to every once in s while. Its a better representation of what I tend to do. The camera work isn't nearly as good and the music is weird but its what I could find.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6H09USFLgQ
Old 10-21-2012, 10:26 PM   #23 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyrothedragon9 View Post
This is the smaller of 2 mountains that are close to each other that I go to every once in s while. Its a better representation of what I tend to do. The camera work isn't nearly as good and the music is weird but its what I could find.
Skiing/Snowboarding Mont Sainte-Anne Edit - GoPro HD (2012) - YouTube
buy skis
bseracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:59 PM   #24 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyrothedragon9 View Post
Skiing/Snowboarding Mont Sainte-Anne Edit - GoPro HD (2012) - YouTube
Ok, this is a little better. In the first video I literally saw Green Circle signs at like 0:55 and 3:30. This second video there are some runs that have some pitch to them. Hopefully, you aren't going to be like the rider at 4:08 in the video you posted above .

Anyways... to be honest, if this is the type of slopes your are riding. The Heritage or the T Rice Pro are might be too much board for you (too stiff for the moderate slopes and medium speed to be fun). SL is enough...

Last edited by lonerider; 10-22-2012 at 01:43 AM.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:30 AM   #25 (permalink)

Wow I am way too high right now. Totally thought this was a different thread lol.
NickShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:19 AM   #26 (permalink)
Banned!

FWIW I know I'm intimidating and scary, and that's why it seems I'm so hostile all the time. In fact I am a teddy bear and I was not criticizing that guys riding at all, he was very smooth. Unfortunately all he did was a couple ollies going slow doing non-aggressive carves on a green run. The OP asked what kind of board is good for this. A fucking skateboard with the trucks ripped off, the top of a garbage can, or a fucking Burton Backhill like I said.

Sorry for being so salty.

FUCK!!

Old 10-22-2012, 07:57 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
FWIW I know I'm intimidating and scary, and that's why it seems I'm so hostile all the time. In fact I am a teddy bear and I was not criticizing that guys riding at all, he was very smooth. Unfortunately all he did was a couple ollies going slow doing non-aggressive carves on a green run. The OP asked what kind of board is good for this. A fucking skateboard with the trucks ripped off, the top of a garbage can, or a fucking Burton Backhill like I said.

Sorry for being so salty.

FUCK!!

We all love ya, but I still disagree this ain't no green run. It's an easy blue atleast. No beginner can tackle that as there first run.
NickShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:45 AM   #28 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickShake View Post
We all love ya, but I still disagree this ain't no green run. It's an easy blue atleast. No beginner can tackle that as there first run.
Green, blue, hell black - it does not matter. All of those videos are still groomer cruising. Nothing wrong with that, but unless one is going for super steep/double black and icy groomers any board can handle this type of riding.
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:29 PM   #29 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by hktrdr View Post
Green, blue, hell black - it does not matter. All of those videos are still groomer cruising. Nothing wrong with that, but unless one is going for super steep/double black and icy groomers any board can handle this type of riding.
+1, I would classify my GF as a groomer cruiser. She has a good time, likes to try carving, but doesn't get crazy speed. Isn't too interested in the park, and is just learning to handle trees and alpine bowls.

She's got a mid-flex camber board and loves it for her riding (yes she's tried the alternatives)...
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:43 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bseracka View Post
buy skis
I skied before I started snowboarding. I think snowboarding is so much more fun. It also doesn't feel like I'm going to snap my shins.

Tags
freestyle, groomers, recommendations, snowboard, upgrade