own '09 NS Titan, need 2nd board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2012, 11:27 AM   #1 (permalink)

Question own '09 NS Titan, need 2nd board

I've been riding an '09 NS Titan 160 (i'm 6', 150lbs) for several years, it's the only board I currently own. The thing is a supurb free-ride board which is mostly what I'm into (also tree runs), it's stable, can probably carve on ice and I usually pass everyone on catwalks.

Lately I've been doing more jumps, both at speed and slower and want to get into some 360's this season. I think the Titan is a bit heavy and maybe too stiff for doing this. So I'm looking for an additional board that would be a bit more manageable in the air but not too soft, unstable or jittery at higher speeds (maybe even capable of 80% what i get with the Titan). I spend almost no time at the park unless it's for jumps.

Considering the '13 Heritage and Cobra (not sure which would be a better middle-ground) Also, maybe go with a bit shorter board (158). I'm not hung up on NS, but would probably prefer not to go with Burton. Also hear good things about Rossignol One MagTek.

Also, what's currently a lighter-than-Titan replacement with comparable dampness/free-ride performance?

I mostly board CO but hopefully Jackson Hole or Whistler next year.

thx!

Last edited by leeoniya; 10-22-2012 at 11:45 AM.
leeoniya is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2012, 01:40 AM   #2 (permalink)

^^^bump^^^
leeoniya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:02 AM   #3 (permalink)

I'd recommend the Heritage as a 2nd board for what you're talking about. I've got one from 2010 I think and love it, forgiving but also maintains some freeride capability. As I understand it the Cobra is a bit more directional, but it might not be a huge difference.

And if you want to replace the Titan I'd give the Raptor a long look. I've had a couple older Titans and just got a Raptor for last season so I can say that it compares very favorably performance wise for me, but the first time I picked it up I couldn't believe how light it is. I figure this is mostly down to the topsheet material which all 3 of the boards mentioned have.

There are certainly other boards out there that would meet your needs, I'm just speaking as someone who has pretty much always ridden NS and sees no reason to change...
gibbous is offline   Reply With Quote