Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   New (first!) board (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/50506-new-first-board.html)

MarijnG 10-23-2012 03:57 AM

New (first!) board

Hey all,

I'm new here and looking for my first snowboard & bindings.
Since yesterday I have my own boots, Rome Libertines.

I don't know what i am, i had 1 week in Austria en a few indoor things. something between beginner & advanced?

So i'm looking for an all mountain board, that can handle speed (no extreme speeds..) but still is flexible enough for jibbing on the mountain/powder/three's.
brand doesn't matter.

I'm 1,80m but very light (60kg) so i think i'll go for an 154-156 or sth.

Can you guys help me? thanks!

Wiredsport 10-23-2012 08:19 AM

Hi Marijn,

Sounds like you are loving riding and there is nothing better than getting your first deck. Yeeeaaaah!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarijnG (Post 529991)
Hey all,
I'm 1,80m but very light (60kg) so i think i'll go for an 154-156 or sth.

Most board buying mistakes are made right there. No rider has a specific board size and a range of 2 cm will overly limit your search. While there are some boards in that range that will be great for you, many others will not (and you will miss some great options as well. You are roughly 130 lbs. We will also need your foot size to make some strong suggestions. Rider height is not a factor in board sizing. It sounds like you dig Rome products. Great brand. Any other brands that you have your eyes on?

Stoked!

MarijnG 10-23-2012 09:02 AM

Hey, thanks for your reply!
I just tested the Libertine boots yesterday en they felt so nice that i've bought them!

They are 44,5 (EUR), so i think it's an 11.
Boards i was checking out where: Burton 2012 Hero and the Burton 2013 Sherlock.

I think with an 11 my boots are just too large for the Burton Medium bindings, is that right? Are the most boards (lets say from 155) wide enough for my feet with a large binding then?

Thanks!

Wiredsport 10-23-2012 09:46 AM

Here is our conversion chart.

http://www.wiredsport.com/shoesize.jpg

Please measure your foot using this method:

Kick your heel (barefoot please, no socks) back against a wall. Mark the floor exactly at the tip of your toe (the one that sticks out furthest - which toe this is will vary by rider). Measure from the mark on the floor to the wall. That is your foot length and is the only measurement that you will want to use. Measure in centimeters if possible, but if not, take inches and multiply by 2.54 (example: an 11.25 inch foot x 2.54 = 28.57 centimeters).

MarijnG 10-23-2012 09:49 AM

Like i said i've already the boots, need only a board en bindings.

Wiredsport 10-23-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarijnG (Post 530076)
Like i said i've already the boots, need only a board en bindings.

Hi Marijn,

I could have been more clear. This request is only to determine the width of the board. Boot size and dimensions are important when fitting to a binding but only your foot length is important in sizing the board. Foot length and boot size rarely match up.

MarijnG 10-23-2012 10:28 AM

So i have a 44,5(=11)
The burton medium bindings are good till 44, but would a 44,5(eur) boot also fit?
Because if i see on that sizing chart above, 11 goes till 45 (eur)

The reason of that is i'm looking at an Burton Flying V (2010) board with medium cartell bindings..

MarijnG 10-23-2012 10:52 AM

It's weird because:

The EURO boot size of my boots is: 44,5
but the Mens boot size is: 11

Burton's Medium binding is good til size 11.

Do you guys think it will fit? because i have to drive 100kms for it..

hktrdr 10-23-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarijnG (Post 530102)
It's weird because:

The EURO boot size of my boots is: 44,5
but the Mens boot size is: 11

Burton's Medium binding is good til size 11.

Do you guys think it will fit? because i have to drive 100kms for it..

From my experience you will need the large.

MarijnG 10-23-2012 11:11 AM

Hmm. bummer :-(
Though it's a nice board. i only can't find the dimensions of it so i can see if my boots aren't to big..

How many centimeters can my boot come out of the board?