All mountain/powder friendly board - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Which board do you think I should get?
K2-Ultra Dream 21 32.31%
Salomon-Sick Stick 10 15.38%
Yes-Pick Your Line 34 52.31%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 11:19 PM   #21 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I agree with Nivek. What the hell does this mean?:
Quote:
However the Flying V rocker shape that the Sherlock has doesnít have the stability that some hybrid shapes do. For us this is a longer more mellow version of the Burton Custom V Rocker for those who want a less aggressive ride for the same places on the mountain.
flying v and v rocker are completely different. If you want to talk stability, flying v is more stable than v rocker.

I also don't get the weight comment. It's one of those things you could write for any board.
I started reading a few more for fun:
the burton root:
Quote:
Because of the success with the Nug so they decided to shorten some other boards but keep a wide waist. The Root is all about this and another fun freestyle board in their line. Super easy to throw around and super easy to butter. The only real complaint we have with this and all of Burtons hybrid rocker boards is the edge hold. They make great boards but they just donít have the grip that many do when conditions are less than ideal.
you can tell they haven't ridden this board at all.
The spliff is another fuckup. oh hell, every review that I read was vague and rehashed catalogue marketing speak
Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 07:12 AM   #22 (permalink)

No mention of Ride Slackcountry?
Wangta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:40 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wangta View Post
No mention of Ride Slackcountry?
I personally ruled it out b/c for purely aethetic reasons...I don't really love the look of the hempbrain topsheet they use. While look/feel may be the 6th/7th consideration on the list, I want to be stoked about whatever decision I make. I actually think the Ultra Dream is a sick looking board, but after doing more research I think the PYL is the more appropriate board for me. After reading some comments about sketchy edgehold on the UD, I just didn't feel like it was the board for me, b/c I find myself looking down over some stuff that I'd rather not slide over pretty often (think A-Z chutes in Big Sky)
JHeagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:46 AM   #24 (permalink)

Now that I've made the tough decision of which board I'm going w/ Yes has made it a little more complicated by having a 161, 161W and 164W. I feel like I should be going with a 164 regular width, but they don't make it. As a reminder, I'm 6'2, 195 lbs, size 10 boot. I'm leaning towards the 161W, but after looking at their website and seeing that the running length is only 116 CMs vs my Trice's 124.5 CM, I'm thinking that i should be considering the 164 eventhough it is a touch wide for my feet. Also reading that the PYL is more medium flex, which would rule out the 161 regular. Would love to hear your thoughts on pros/cons or anything I should be considering.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:55 AM   #25 (permalink)
Resident poet

idk, but if you are not out west, I'd think a splitty would be even more desirable so as to get away from the resort bs, long lines and park rats.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:00 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathfuldeity View Post
idk, but if you are not out west, I'd think a splitty would be even more desirable so as to get away from the resort bs, long lines and park rats.
Currently I live in NYC, so my trips out west are generally long weekends or the occasional week long trip. So not really practical to get a split board. Though it may be in my future as my sanity is slowly eroding and I'm marrying a nice CA girl
Old 11-04-2012, 08:02 AM   #27 (permalink)

Actually may have read that wrong...you were suggesting that splitting out East would be good. May be that I'm not too familiar w/ the terrain off the resorts, but the tree coverage out here is generally pretty thick, so not really conducive to off piste.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:59 AM   #28 (permalink)

Default Pick your Line

I have seen a group of people mention the pick your line, but I have yet to see it for sale. I have time until the slopes here in Japan open up, and the heavy pow comes down, but where are these people buying them?

Besides that. I am currently choosing between 3 boards for all mountain riding that will completely shred in deep pow. Chest high pow! Switch isn't mandatory, but I want the option. These are the 3 I am looking at. What do you guys think?

Lib Tech Lando Phoenix
Yes. Pick your Line
K2 Ultra Dream
J pow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:01 AM   #29 (permalink)
Resident poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHeagz View Post
Though it may be in my future as my sanity is slowly eroding and I'm marrying a nice CA girl
well then take the little lady snow bunny out to play in bushes
Old 11-04-2012, 11:13 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J pow View Post
I have seen a group of people mention the pick your line, but I have yet to see it for sale. I have time until the slopes here in Japan open up, and the heavy pow comes down, but where are these people buying them?

Besides that. I am currently choosing between 3 boards for all mountain riding that will completely shred in deep pow. Chest high pow! Switch isn't mandatory, but I want the option. These are the 3 I am looking at. What do you guys think?

Lib Tech Lando Phoenix
Yes. Pick your Line
K2 Ultra Dream
Seems like most of the people that reviewed the PYL got their hands on it late last season when companies were promoting their up coming lines. One shop near me has a 159, but I've been waiting for the rest of the boards to come into stock. The damn hurricane delayed things by a week, but supposed to be in stock by next weekend. I don't think you can go wrong with any of those boards based on the research I've done, but I ended up steering away from the K2 b/c it seemed like it may have trouble if you're really charging or not in the most ideal snow conditions. Also, I haven't ridden anything besides a Mervin's board in a long time, so I wanted to try something new out. Otherwise, I'd probably be considering the Lando pretty seriously.