All mountain/powder friendly board - Page 5 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Which board do you think I should get?
K2-Ultra Dream 21 32.31%
Salomon-Sick Stick 10 15.38%
Yes-Pick Your Line 34 52.31%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 08:57 PM   #41 (permalink)

Check out Epidode 2. My back yard! Lol
Pow pillows for days!

Last edited by J pow; 11-05-2012 at 09:12 PM.
J pow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 09:09 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J pow View Post
Check out Epidode 2. My back yard! Lol
Poe pillows for days!
Yup there is a whole series!

Episode 2 is here:
Jake Blauvelt Naturally Episode 2: Japan With Heikki Sorsa - YouTube
Wangta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:31 PM   #43 (permalink)

JHeagz - what Rice board do you have? blunt or pointy? maybe thats why its not so great in the pow? or... sorry to say it could just be you. i have a lib phoenix, which is pretty much the same as your board, and i have no problem in pow, last season in whistler was fucking insane, so much powder, i had multiple 50cm+ days, and my board kills it in the pow. i never got stuck or felt like there was to much pow. im thinkin you could try a different stance in the pow, or maybe its a binding issue. i have a real hard time believing your board wont float, no offence but i think its the rider. also i didnt read every page, but i saw you ride on the east coast. you must not be used to powder, thats why you have trouble floating on it because unless your board is physically damaged, i would say it's still good, and they still use all that same tech in the same board today. not to much has changed in the last few years.
nip175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:27 PM   #44 (permalink)

Yeah you're prob right. I only had a Ride Kink last year and was still able to float decently I guess. Turning and slashing was the most difficult with that board. That's why I am getting a pow freestyle board. Last year at Nagano and Niigata there were a couple times when the pow was too deep for the resorts to operate after the bunny hills. The mt was closed for a couple days because there was to much snow. By the time half the lifts opened there was over chest high powder off piste and about knee to waist high on piste. Basically had to toss on the shoes and hike up to get to the top. Epic runs!!
Old 11-06-2012, 05:28 AM   #45 (permalink)

So far I have my heart set on the Yes PYL for pow & tree run riding. I don't see a ton of reviews on the 2013 but I still have some time before I buy.

I wish I could demo it on one of my cat boarding trips but I don't think that will be possible.
mmarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:27 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarra View Post
So far I have my heart set on the Yes PYL for pow & tree run riding. I don't see a ton of reviews on the 2013 but I still have some time before I buy.

I wish I could demo it on one of my cat boarding trips but I don't think that will be possible.
Yeah I feel ya! There are hardly any demos in Japan. They have a Ride and K2 demo at one of the Mts but that's about it. The PYL seems like it will be sold out as soon as it hits the shelves though.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:48 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nip175 View Post
JHeagz - what Rice board do you have? blunt or pointy? maybe thats why its not so great in the pow? or... sorry to say it could just be you. i have a lib phoenix, which is pretty much the same as your board, and i have no problem in pow, last season in whistler was fucking insane, so much powder, i had multiple 50cm+ days, and my board kills it in the pow. i never got stuck or felt like there was to much pow. im thinkin you could try a different stance in the pow, or maybe its a binding issue. i have a real hard time believing your board wont float, no offence but i think its the rider. also i didnt read every page, but i saw you ride on the east coast. you must not be used to powder, thats why you have trouble floating on it because unless your board is physically damaged, i would say it's still good, and they still use all that same tech in the same board today. not to much has changed in the last few years.
I have a pointy, but it's a pretty stiff board (stiffer than the Phoenix) and the C2BTX doesn't float anywhere near as good as the BTX. I had a TRS BTX before the TRice, so I know the difference. Don't get me wrong, I had a blast riding in pow last year (Whistler, Jackson and Mt Baker), but I also know that there are boards that could be even more fun in powder/trees.
JHeagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:02 AM   #48 (permalink)

So what did you decide to go with?
Wangta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:07 AM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wangta View Post
LOL. To each their own, but I rarely give two shietz about how a board looks - I care more about performance and comfort with my style of riding.

Just curious but have you seen videos of Jake Blauvelt shredding up backcountry pow on his Ride Berzerker? It might make you change your mind about Ride boards in general (I'm guessing by your comments you're looking at "higher" end, premium boards....), with the Slackcountry being their top of the line powder board. Check out the vid below - so sick!

Jake Blauvelt Naturally Full Part - YouTube
I just cum a little, im my pants.
Richie67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:54 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wangta View Post
So what did you decide to go with?
Sorry, I missed this post. I'm eagerly waiting for my local shop to get the PYL in stock. After emailing back and forth w/ Nidecker and talking to way too many people, I decided to go w/ the 161. If I didn't have a Trice already, I'd maybe have gotten a NS Cobra...Too many good boards...
JHeagz is offline   Reply With Quote