Howdy! Never Summer Legacy 2012?'s - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NorCal
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Howdy! Never Summer Legacy 2012?'s

Hi,

First post here. I am 34 years old 5'8" 205lbs with a stocky build. I wear size 10.5 DC Status boots which I just got. Used to ride a lot in tahoe about 12 years ago and was a liftie at northstar. Moved to vegas for 10 years and am now back in norcal. Planning on boarding a lot this winter. I would consider my self an intermediate to advanced rider back then but don't know about now. Any way I am looking for a all mountain board. Prefer powder and groomers and will be in the park the least amount of time maybe a couple of runs through a day. I found a great deal on a new 2012 Never Summer Legacy and it looks like what I am looking for based on my riding preference and style. It is a 156 and has a waist width of 261. My question is will this be too wide for size 10.5 boots? Will I be too heavy for a 156? I have a price limit of $350-$400. Will this board be my best bet at this price range? Previous board was a 2002 burton custom 156 and I only weighed 180lbs then. I liked it except it was too narrow.

Last edited by JENKS; 10-24-2012 at 10:59 PM.
JENKS is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 12:23 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 464
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hey Bro.. You are about the same stats as me weight wise. I rode a 155 NS SL and Evo. I got rid of the SL because in my opinion was too small and ended up going with a 158 Proto. Haven't ridden it yet so I can't compare the difference yet. As far as your boot size I dont think you will have a problem. I had a 10 on mine (back before I wised up and got the right size) and had no problems.
sleev-les is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 04:50 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This board will be too short for you and too narrow. I ride a legacy 166 and I weigh 215 lbs. I also where a size 14 boot. A wide is completely unnecessary with a 10.5 boot.
Kilgore Trout is offline  
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 05:02 PM
Member
 
DirtyD27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Port Orchard, WA
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have the 2012 NS Legacy. I'm 6'1'', size 12 boot and weigh 225 lbs, stocky build. My board is 163. My boots are just shy of the board edges, i never get heel or toe drag. The NS Legacy is a mid-wide board so the width will not be a problem, though you may want to go longer.

My reaction to first snow fall
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


My rides
2012 NS Legacy 163.
2013 NS Brothers in Arms Cobra 163.
DirtyD27 is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 07:57 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,966
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyD27 View Post
I have the 2012 NS Legacy. I'm 6'1'', size 12 boot and weigh 225 lbs, stocky build. My board is 163. My boots are just shy of the board edges, i never get heel or toe drag. The NS Legacy is a mid-wide board so the width will not be a problem, though you may want to go longer.
Your board is way too wide if your boots are are "just shy of the board edges"...
hktrdr is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 08:01 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,966
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post
This board will be too short for you and too narrow. I ride a legacy 166 and I weigh 215 lbs. I also where a size 14 boot. A wide is completely unnecessary with a 10.5 boot.
I think you meant to say in your first sentence that the board is too wide for him/his 10.5 foot.
If so, I completely agree with that - he should go for the SL, not the Legacy. Also agree on size - at least the 158 for him.
hktrdr is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NorCal
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for the responses guys! I dont know why never summer calls this a midwide but seems to be on the large side for waist width on a board thats not a regular wide. They do state on their web site that its meant for a size 9.5 and up boot. As far as length i read some where that you can drop down a couple lengths if your short but heavy. Dont remember where i saw that now. Is that not correct? The problem with going with a longer board is id be looking at a jump from $356 shipped to $450 plus.
JENKS is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 09:19 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,966
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JENKS View Post
Thanks for the responses guys! I dont know why never summer calls this a midwide but seems to be on the large side for waist width on a board thats not a regular wide. They do state on their web site that its meant for a size 9.5 and up boot. As far as length i read some where that you can drop down a couple lengths if your short but heavy. Dont remember where i saw that now. Is that not correct? The problem with going with a longer board is id be looking at a jump from $356 shipped to $450 plus.
Where is the statement on the Legacy being for 'size 9.5 and up boot'? The marketing materials generally seem to say the wides are for size 12 and up.

On the other points:
  • You can consider going down one size, as you might have less leverage to manipulate the board with shorter legs (and probably narrower stance width), but otherwise height should not really affect your board size. In any case the 156 is definitely too short.
  • Cash is consideration for many people, but $100 extra for a proper size board does not sound like much - especially if it means getting the proper width (i.e., SL).
hktrdr is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NorCal
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hktrdr View Post
Where is the statement on the Legacy being for 'size 9.5 and up boot'? The marketing materials generally seem to say the wides are for size 12 and up.

On the other points:
  • You can consider going down one size, as you might have less leverage to manipulate the board with shorter legs (and probably narrower stance width), but otherwise height should not really affect your board size. In any case the 156 is definitely too short.
  • Cash is consideration for many people, but $100 extra for a proper size board does not sound like much - especially if it means getting the proper width (i.e., SL).
Sorry about that you are correct sir. I have looked at so many sites trying to learn more about this board I got mixed up. Here's the link I found that info at which is also the site I found the screaming deal: Never Summer Legacy Snowboard 2012 by NEVER SUMMER
So maybe a 158 is what I need? Unfortunately they only have size 156 in white or black and the next size up is 170 plus which is way bigger than I would care to ride.

Last edited by JENKS; 10-24-2012 at 11:00 PM.
JENKS is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NorCal
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Would a 159 raptor suit my riding preference and size? Or should I try to find a heritage or SL?

Last edited by JENKS; 10-24-2012 at 11:05 PM.
JENKS is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome