Snowboard Sizing HELP - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2012, 08:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

Exclamation Snowboard Sizing HELP

Hi,

I'm a 5'8 Male weighing 145 Pounds.
I recieved the 152 Never Summer Proto CT (Waist 24.4) last christmas along with large Burton Freestyle bindings and 2010 Nike Zoom Kaijus Size 11s.
Last season, I've been doing a lot of runs, jumps and mostly going down the mountain with speed. Every once in a wild I also like to hit in the park for a little bit.

However, the problem is that my friends are telling me my boots are too big for my board creating toe/heel drag.I guess I have recieved some, but not as much because I usually do quick turns.

Looking through my local shop, I'm able to trade in my 152 Proto CT for a 152(Waist 24.4) Proto CTX( Waist 25.8) for $50 More.

Based on the specifications and the pictures blow of my current Proto CT, do you think I should make the trade for the wider board or should i stick with the the narrow one I have. I'm moving more towards black diamond runs next year and more buttering next year.

Best,

-Ryan

Last edited by ryan1121; 10-24-2012 at 08:35 PM.
ryan1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2012, 02:36 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan1121 View Post
Hi,

I'm a 5'8 Male weighing 145 Pounds.
I recieved the 152 Never Summer Proto CT (Waist 24.4) last christmas along with large Burton Freestyle bindings and 2010 Nike Zoom Kaijus Size 11s.
Last season, I've been doing a lot of runs, jumps and mostly going down the mountain with speed. Every once in a wild I also like to hit in the park for a little bit.

However, the problem is that my friends are telling me my boots are too big for my board creating toe/heel drag.I guess I have recieved some, but not as much because I usually do quick turns.

Looking through my local shop, I'm able to trade in my 152 Proto CT for a 152(Waist 24.4) Proto CTX( Waist 25.8) for $50 More.

Based on the specifications and the pictures blow of my current Proto CT, do you think I should make the trade for the wider board or should i stick with the the narrow one I have. I'm moving more towards black diamond runs next year and more buttering next year.

Best,

-Ryan

Looks like your run a duck stance. Try on your gear at home and see how far you can go on your toe before it catches but from the pictures it looks like it'll take a lot for it to catch.
nvidoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Difficult to tell from those pix (hint: take picture from 'below' the board and/or head-on), but does not look like you have an overhang problem. You probably would have to be tilting the board like a Eurocarver to have any real toe/heel drag.
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks Guys
Here I have posted more pictures.

I'm pretty sure theres quite a lot of toe/heal hang

ryan1121 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
large, mid-wide, never summer proto ct, wide