Help Lib Tech Attack banana vs Banana Magic - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2012, 06:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 29
Blog Entries: 1
Default Help Lib Tech Attack banana vs Banana Magic

Hello everyone, this is my first time posting here although I have been reading posts for a while and have received some great advise so thanks.
To start here are my stats: first I am 250lbs, 5'10", size 11 Nike zoom force 1 boot. I am interested in the Lib Tech Attack Banana and the Banana Magic. Which board do you recommend for a beginner that is trying to learn carving, buildconfidence and progress on the entire mountain. Out of these three boards Which board will I be able to keep for a long time as I get better?
Also saw the Gnu Impossible Ass Pickle, has any rode this to compare.
Your help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Dpforlife; 10-25-2012 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Mispellings
Dpforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-25-2012, 07:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpforlife View Post
Hello everyone, this is my first time posting here although I have been reading posts for a while and have received some great advise so thanks.
To start here are my stats: first I am 250lbs, 5'10", size 11 Nike zoom force 1 boot. I am interested in the Lib Tech Attack Banana and the Banana Magic. Which board do you recommend for a beginner that is trying to learn carving, buildconfidence and progress on the entire mountain. Out of these three boards Which board will I be able to keep for a long time as I get better?
Also saw the Gnu Impossible Ass Pickle, has any rode this to compare.
Your help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

None are particularly good board for what you want to do. But out of the three the Attack Banana and the Impossible would be better than then Magic.
Attack Banana and Impossible are quite similar in shape and kind of the equivalents in the Lib-Tech and Gnu line, respectively. Impossible has different toe vs. heel sidecuts, more tech in construction and is more expensive than the Attack Banana, but they ride fairly similar.
The Magic is quite a different board, much more aimed at slashing through pow and backcountry. Can be quite squirrel-ly on groomers, especially at speed.
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 29
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hktrdr View Post
None are particularly good board for what you want to do. But out of the three the Attack Banana and the Impossible would be better than then Magic.
Attack Banana and Impossible are quite similar in shape and kind of the equivalents in the Lib-Tech and Gnu line, respectively. Impossible has different toe vs. heel sidecuts, more tech in construction and is more expensive than the Attack Banana, but they ride fairly similar.
The Magic is quite a different board, much more aimed at slashing through pow and backcountry. Can be quite squirrel-ly on groomers, especially at speed.


Thanks for the response. Ok so the attack banana and gnu are the same execept for some tech and base, and in your opinion your magic is not a good choice. Out of the two what do you recommend being that the attack has an extruded and the gnu has a sintered.
Dpforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 29
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hktrdr View Post
None are particularly good board for what you want to do. But out of the three the Attack Banana and the Impossible would be better than then Magic.
Attack Banana and Impossible are quite similar in shape and kind of the equivalents in the Lib-Tech and Gnu line, respectively. Impossible has different toe vs. heel sidecuts, more tech in construction and is more expensive than the Attack Banana, but they ride fairly similar.
The Magic is quite a different board, much more aimed at slashing through pow and backcountry. Can be quite squirrel-ly on groomers, especially at speed.
Since you say non are really good which Lib tech board do you recommend?
Dpforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 168
Default

You seem pritty set on Lib Tech, any reason?

If I was you I'd save my money. Buy a decent second hand all round board, whatever you can pick up for cheap. A beginner wont be able to appreciate the added tech the best boards give you so it'll be a waste of money. Then when you progress and understand more what you're into (be it park/powder/piste etc) and what you want from a snowboard then you can make a educated decision.
Richie67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 29
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie67 View Post
You seem pritty set on Lib Tech, any reason?

If I was you I'd save my money. Buy a decent second hand all round board, whatever you can pick up for cheap. A beginner wont be able to appreciate the added tech the best boards give you so it'll be a waste of money. Then when you progress and understand more what you're into (be it park/powder/piste etc) and what you want from a snowboard then you can make a educated decision.
I was saying Lib Tech because I had a skate banana and loved it but didn't really get to enjoy it because it was way to short and the crappy winter last year so I sold it. Than I stumbled on last seasons Attack Banana for $290.00 brand new. I just wanted to get something that I can hold on to for a few seasons as I progress. I have boots and union bindings so money's not really an issue. Just want to make the right decision this season.
Dpforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpforlife View Post
I was saying Lib Tech because I had a skate banana and loved it but didn't really get to enjoy it because it was way to short and the crappy winter last year so I sold it. Than I stumbled on last seasons Attack Banana for $290.00 brand new. I just wanted to get something that I can hold on to for a few seasons as I progress. I have boots and union bindings so money's not really an issue. Just want to make the right decision this season.
If you can get a new last-season Attack Banana for US$290 then that is not a bad deal. Or just get another Skate Banana but at the right size...
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 29
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hktrdr View Post
If you can get a new last-season Attack Banana for US$290 then that is not a bad deal. Or just get another Skate Banana but at the right size...
Sweet thanks for the help!!
Dpforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 29
Blog Entries: 1
Default Lib Tech Banana Magic For Beginner

I must say I answered my own question, This board is great!! I had my first day of the season yesterday!!! Started snowboarding at the end of last season, I had a Lib Tech Skate Banana. Ended up selling it and bought this board. I still consider myself a beginner and I have to say that this is the perfect board to learn on, It gives you the confidence you need to advance. As a beginner I was skeptical about buying this board because it is recommended for advance boarders but I have to say that it was just what I needed. It keeps you from catching an edge and it super stable at fast speed. I have to say on my skate banana I was scared to go fast, well not anymore. I find myself going faster and faster. To all beginners if you have the money this is the board for you to learn on trust me!!!
Dpforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:43 AM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Triple8Sol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 4,067
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Get the Gnu Impossible! That's a board I've been lusting after...
__________________
15 LibTech TRS HP . 15 Gnu Billy Goat . 15 NS Snowtrooper . 15 NS Ripsaw . 13 Salomon Pow Snake
14 Now Drive . 13 Now IPO
14 Flow Hylite


Official Gear List: http://www.snowboardingforum.com/blo...gear-list.html
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums