NS Raptor 156 vs Ride Berzerker 158 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2012, 08:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default NS Raptor 156 vs Ride Berzerker 158

Since my last tread name made no sense for what the thread turned into I am creating a new one to summarize the last one. The last thread can be viewed @ http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boa...erhang-ok.html

Anyways, I currently have a 2012/13 NS Heritage 160 sitting in my living room, but as Wiredsport and others pointed out it is far too wide for my foot and probably too long for my weight. According to the "guide" I should be a 6.5US, which to me makes no sense as I have always worn 8.5/9 size shoes, and I current have a size 9 Ride RFL boot, which does fit properly. Anyways I compiled a list of boards that should work and there was a possibility of my local shop having, it has come down to the NS Raptor and Ride Berzerker. My plans for riding this year are as much pow as I can, and we do get quite a bit up here, trees, glades, a little slack county. With that being said on crappy snow days I will still be riding and there will be some groomers in my future. I did demo a Raptor 159 last season for a weekend, but we got like 50cm in those two days. Which means as far as I can tell the Raptor was in it's element. I have never ridden the Bezerker, but it does seem like a great all over the mountain board aside from park, which is fine by me. So too anyone that has ridden the Berzerker what is the micro camber like? What is it like in the pow? In closing I thank everyone who has read my threads and given me advice. It is all greatly appreciated and super useful for a new guy too all this!

Neversummer Raptor 156cm 24.8cm waist
vs
Ride Berzerker 158cm 24.8cm waist
atr3yu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2012, 12:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Heading up to the shop today to make my choice, any help would be appreciated!
Old 10-27-2012, 12:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I like the camber style of the Ride better than RC. Its more stable and more powerful.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
I like the camber style of the Ride better than RC. Its more stable and more powerful.
Thanks for the feedback Nivek! I was already leaning toward the Bezerker for some reason. I read so many reviews, watched videos, read blogs, read specs, you name it I did it. No idea why I am over thinking this so bad, but I am. It's probably because I know its going to be a few years before I can by again and I just really want to get it right. Thank you again!
Old 10-27-2012, 03:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

In case anyone was following and wanted to know the outcome of all this I ended up with the following:

158 Ride Bezerker
Large Ride Capo's
Size 9 Ride RFL's

My Stats:
5'11"
160lbs
24.6cm foot

Thank you everyone for your help, it really is greatly apprecaited. I feel much better standing in the Berzerker and does "feel" like a better fit; though I won't really know until I ride her! I'll update my gear shots later tonight!
Old 10-28-2012, 11:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
Resident Snowman

Post back after riding with a review
aiidoneus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiidoneus View Post
Post back after riding with a review
I certainly will! So far I have only strapped-in in my living room. What I can say so far is that the nose is quite a bit softer compared to the tail due to the pop-rods in the tail. I won't be able to get her in the snow until like mid November when I can start hiking up the local ski hill. I would so earlier, but I have to go to Florida for a week next week.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:38 PM   #8 (permalink)

I'm pretty sure the Berzerker has pop rods in the nose and tail. The Ride Highlife for 2013 only has popwalls in the tail, before that it had poprods in the nose and tail too. Not sure if the nose is meant to be softer then the tail, but it is setback so that might be giving you more leverage too, to make it feel like that.
daniel42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel42 View Post
I'm pretty sure the Berzerker has pop rods in the nose and tail. The Ride Highlife for 2013 only has popwalls in the tail, before that it had poprods in the nose and tail too. Not sure if the nose is meant to be softer then the tail, but it is setback so that might be giving you more leverage too, to make it feel like that.
Hey man you are totally right. I just re-watched the video by Mr. Tidbit and I must have got them ass backwards. I suspect it's due to the rocker in the nose that makes it more flexible up front. Thanks for pointing that out!
Old 01-23-2014, 04:16 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atr3yu View Post
I certainly will! So far I have only strapped-in in my living room. What I can say so far is that the nose is quite a bit softer compared to the tail due to the pop-rods in the tail. I won't be able to get her in the snow until like mid November when I can start hiking up the local ski hill. I would so earlier, but I have to go to Florida for a week next week.
I would love to hear your feedback 1yr later. So, did berzerker satisfy you? have you tried another boards so far?
hellt is offline   Reply With Quote