going up a size on my indoor FK?? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2012, 05:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default going up a size on my indoor FK??

ive got a 2010 indoor fk 152, gna get a new one for this season, thinkin about goin to a 154, would i notice much of a difference u think? i figured maybe not much its just 3/4" difference... id just like alittle more stable for jump landings, but want to be able to throw it around like my 152..
LTshredTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2012, 07:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

You should still be able to throw it around just fine.

I sized up from a 151-153 years ago when I was first learning to spin because I found my self washing out if I was in the back seat at all. Doesn't seem like much but you can definitely feel a difference when riding and jumping.
djjimmyhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjimmyhat View Post
You should still be able to throw it around just fine.

I sized up from a 151-153 years ago when I was first learning to spin because I found my self washing out if I was in the back seat at all. Doesn't seem like much but you can definitely feel a difference when riding and jumping.
so once u sized up was it easier for u to progress? was spinning just as easy or what could u tell a difference in with between the 2 board sizes?
Old 10-28-2012, 10:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

Spinning wasn't any more difficult. If you're leading with your head you'll be able to spin 2cm more without any issue. It was helpful because when I first started spinning 3s I would cork just a little and end up landing on my tail. This would typically lead to a washout. When I went to a 153 just having a little more tail was great for being able to stomp me back down even if I was a "little in the backseat".

It won't necessarily make you progress quicker because as with most things in life it is predominately the person, not necessarily the gear, buy you will be able to stomp things a little easier. Hopefully this makes sense....
djjimmyhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjimmyhat View Post
Spinning wasn't any more difficult. If you're leading with your head you'll be able to spin 2cm more without any issue. It was helpful because when I first started spinning 3s I would cork just a little and end up landing on my tail. This would typically lead to a washout. When I went to a 153 just having a little more tail was great for being able to stomp me back down even if I was a "little in the backseat".

It won't necessarily make you progress quicker because as with most things in life it is predominately the person, not necessarily the gear, buy you will be able to stomp things a little easier. Hopefully this makes sense....
make perfect sense man! thanks