Need some advice regarding new board. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2012, 01:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Need some advice regarding new board.

Hey guys.

So iv'e been out of the loop snowboarding wise for a couple months now. Not really sure which board would be right for me.

I live in Ohio so for about 60 % of my season i will be hitting some basic rails, medium jumps and just pure fucking around. About 20 percent of my season i will be riding around various resorts on the east coast from Jay peak to Holiday valley. The other 20% of the season i will be out west in Jhole and Utah. There i will be riding pow as much as possible. Cliffs, Tree's, any natural features.

What im looking for in a board.

- good edge hold for east coast ice

- can handle jib. Not really to important but i enjoy a boardslide here and there.

- can handle jumps. medium size.

- Quick edge to edge. I ride a lot of tight tree's in the east.

- Can handle pow, natural features, etc.

I know i'm asking a lot out of a board but o well.

What iv'e narrowed it down to

NS Proto

NS Evo

Arbor Blacklist

Arbor coda

I'm open to any suggestions. Also need some help on bindings. Appreciate any responses.!
SHREDDER97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 03:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

Okay so im set on the 154 blacklist no help to you all. Lol just kidding. I know newb threads aren't a big priority.

One question i would like answer is this. I found 2011/2012 rome 390 boss bindings for 118 dollars. Great deal i think. Will these binders be okay for what i want to do with them?
SHREDDER97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:53 PM   #3 (permalink)

Out of the boards listed I would go with the Proto to be able to do everything. That said it does have a bit more of a freestyle influence. The NS Cobra is is basically the all mountain Proto. Since you aren't really hitting too many park features this may be a better choice.

If you haven't yet I would tell you to take a look at boards with flat camber or positive camber all the way from past insert to past insert before hitting some rocker. An example of this would be the Salomon Man's Board. This is a board I would tell you to seriously consider.

The Rome Bosses are ok bindings. Not necessarily what I would go for but at $118 they will do the job.
djjimmyhat is offline   Reply With Quote