Flow Heel Slippage - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2008, 02:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Shankmasterflex

Default Flow Heel Slippage

I have the Flow NXT Freestyles and have been riding them all season.
I HIGHLY recommend them but lately ive been having a one problem.
When i do spins and land just a little bit toe side, my entire heel slips half way up the heel back.
This obviously causes me to fall and unable to slow myself down using my heel edge. Its becoming dangerous and tightening the binding hasn't helped at all. It's only been happening in my right (back foot) binding, i don't land switch all that often so i dont know if it's happening in my left (front foot) binding too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2008, 05:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Shankmasterflex

no one have any tips? i don't wanna have to get new bindings. i love the step in. it saves me all the time in the world and theyre super comfy.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

That sounds pretty crappy man... I wish I could help you out but I don't ride flows. It's good to hear about this problem though, cause I've been thinking about getting a pair. I've heard mixed reviews from people, and I ride park, so I need a sturdy binding.
Heels sliding up in the binding would be a BIG problem, as you've said. I guess I'd have to ride em to know for sure, but I think I'd rather live with the extra 15 seconds it takes to strap in and know my feet aren't going anywhere.
Lift-ie-steeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 04:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
Strife

maybe get in touch with Flow? might have to get them to repair or replace them.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Shankmasterflex

if it helps at all i wear burton freestyle boots. might be a bad match up possibly. just a heads up.

i recommend them just because they are so flippin handy. that extra 15 seconds on your ass adds up after a while haha. especially takes a toll on my tail bone i know that for sure. any time not spent on the ground is cool with me. im not very flexible so i can't really reach the binding while standing up lolz haha.

yeah but theyve been super sturdy on rails and jumps just until recently when i started getting this problem =/. demo them and try em on some kickers and tell me if you get the same problem. i think im going to call them.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Ok assuming you have your straps set properly, how about your forward lean? With flows you have to run at least a little forward lean for the release to work properly. Now after riding my binders for awhile I had problems getting them open. Turned out that either the cable had stretched a little or I just knocked the forward lean off from use. Either way, I just had to reset it and it worked fine after. I was also having the heel slip when it wasn't set right. Talking to Flow is a great idea too.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 07:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Shankmasterflex

is that seriously it? i feel like a stump haha.
i can't believe i didn't even THINK to try that hahaha. thanks dude. if that don't work ill def talk to them about it.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Dude, you don't even know how long it took me to figure that one out. The internet is so great for getting info out like this.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 03:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
Shankmasterflex

yo i feel ya man. i don't know where i'd be without "teh intrenetz"

it's godly. i probably NEVER would've thought to do that.