Great Deal on Rossi Diva Boards for Women @ Evo now - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 10:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

female Great Deal on Rossi Diva Boards for Women @ Evo now

Thanks for the great input on boards here. I was lurking around reading, and decided on a 2012 Rossignol Diva (at evo.com) due to the input here. I was also considering was the Roxy Eminence.

Anyway, $191 was far and away the best price I have seen for this popular board so I just picked up their last 2012 156 for $191.00 total. Free Shipping in October!

There are still some 148 and 152 sizes left.

I noticed that the 2013 Diva did not win the Good Wood award as it did in 2012, and the only change mentioned was it had more "pop". Looked like the same dimensions and flex.

This is one of the Mervin Technologies licenses, so it has the same magnatraction serrated edge, and it has a camber - rocker - camber profile, with a directional twin shape.

There are a few womens boards out there that are similar to this, Gnu, Rome, Lib Tech, Roxy all come to mind, so if you have been looking at this type of board, $191 seemed pretty cheep right now.

Hope this helps someone!

My wife demoed a Lib-Tech TRS last season because the guy at the shop told her it would help to not catch an edge, so she was no longer happy with the Burton Supermodel.

I'll be interested to see if she goes back to the traditional camber or sticks with the hybrid.

Last edited by havin_a_ball; 10-29-2012 at 10:52 PM.
havin_a_ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2012, 11:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

At the end of last year I picked up a 2011 Diva Magtek 148 and LOVED IT! I thought it may be a little small so I picked up a 152 2012 version that I can't wait to try this year. I had the Roxy Ollie Pop and was struggling with it turning, believe it or not, but the r
ocker-camber-rocker with the camber between the feet I really could tell a difference and the rocker tips - just LOVED IT!!!
Old 10-30-2012, 10:30 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstx1017 View Post
At the end of last year I picked up a 2011 Diva Magtek 148 and LOVED IT! I thought it may be a little small so I picked up a 152 2012 version that I can't wait to try this year. I had the Roxy Ollie Pop and was struggling with it turning, believe it or not, but the r
ocker-camber-rocker with the camber between the feet I really could tell a difference and the rocker tips - just LOVED IT!!!

Awesome to hear that! I really hope it helps my ol lady get comfortable beyond the Blue-Black Groomers this season.
havin_a_ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

@firstx I have enjoyed reading your posts here as another woman who learned to ride at a later age. I was especially happy to see your positive review of the 2011 Diva Magtek as I picked a 152 up late last year from kijiji in new condition but didn't get a chance to ride before the snow petered out. After last year's boards on ice performance I am anxious to give the magtek a try (although hopefully it won't be quite so icy in the nor east this year). My Burton Feelgood served me well for a number of years but I am excited to see what rocker tips are going to do for me. The only question is whether to stick with the pristine diva bindings which came with but which I can find no reviews about or whether to switch out to the K2 agogos which I have heard nothing but good things about and which I picked up cheap before I knew the board came with bindings.
MelC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

On the 2011 I used my old Roxy bindings and they worked great. For the 2012 Board I bought the matching bindings for the board - got them for like $50 I think from evo.com at the end of the season. They have canted footbeds which I think will help with my right knee problems I have. Not too keen on all the pink, but if my riding improves - the heck with the color!

The 2011 (it's the Shamrock Green) board just did wonders the minute I got on it! I felt like I progressed so much in the two days that I had it before the season ended. I started on a cambered board and caught edges. Switched to a 5% flat board and improved a lot on that board. Then got the Roxy Ollie Pop and never improved - almost felt like I was going backwards. I also got some NXT step in bindings that I had a hell of a time with and that caused me problems for almost 2 months. Finally put my old bindings back on and did a little better but once I switched to the Rossignol Diva Magtek I could immediately tell the difference. I ride only groomers and ice and I think having the camber between the feet works better for me than having the rocker between my feet. But, we shall see in 3 weeks when hopefully our local mountain opens!
Old 10-30-2012, 04:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

Mine is the green. I admit that I searched long and hard for it once I decided it was the one I wanted as I couldn't stomach the pink and particularly not fond of the girl on this years. I just lucked out that someone not too far from me decided to unload a like new deck while I was looking. I will definitely try out the diva bindings before making up my mind. I like the specs on them and they look so purty with the board. Rossi doesnt seem to get the review love other brands do but every thing that is out there has reinforced nothing but solid, quality goods.
MelC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:15 PM   #7 (permalink)

Wow - you have the green - I LOVE THE DECK OF THAT BOARD!! And I lucked out that someone was selling it after one use and I got it as I still have yet to see any green ones around. But it was was a 148 and I think it may be too small so I orderd the 152 in the pink/fuschia color - again, not liking the color, but want to see if there is a difference between the 2 sizes. This is also my first directional board which I'm not sure is why I like it also. The new 2013 Rossi I think is a true twin now - not directional which is a bummer. Have fun and let me know what you think of the board when you get a chance to ride it since you're the only one I know who also has one!!!
Vicki

Tags
rossignol, womens snowboards