anyone rode a rome mod rocker?? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2012, 01:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default anyone rode a rome mod rocker??

just read alot about this board and got interested, seems like a great do it all board...wondered if the flat/rocker tech was similiar to capitas FK tech? cause i love how it rides and feels
LTshredTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2012, 01:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

Not that this is not going to help you at all, but I just picked up a 2012 mod rocker a couple months ago. VERY excited to ride it.

I was looking at a number of boards, including the Ride Buckwild, NS Evo and Agent Rocker.

I've been riding the Rome Agent (non-rocker) the last two seasons. I know I'm going to be spending more time in the park this year so I wanted something a little more playful than the Agent, but something that could handle icy groomers on the east coast when needed (I ride in NH).

FYI, there's not a lot of literature in terms of reviews on this board. I think one or two short video reviews, something on the Angry Snowboarder site and thats about it. From what I read and what the shop guy told me, its an excellent board for just about everything. Yes its rockered, but has the strength to handle high speeds better than most other rockerd boards, from what I gather.
sheepstealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepstealer View Post
Not that this is not going to help you at all, but I just picked up a 2012 mod rocker a couple months ago. VERY excited to ride it.

I was looking at a number of boards, including the Ride Buckwild, NS Evo and Agent Rocker.

I've been riding the Rome Agent (non-rocker) the last two seasons. I know I'm going to be spending more time in the park this year so I wanted something a little more playful than the Agent, but something that could handle icy groomers on the east coast when needed (I ride in NH).

FYI, there's not a lot of literature in terms of reviews on this board. I think one or two short video reviews, something on the Angry Snowboarder site and thats about it. From what I read and what the shop guy told me, its an excellent board for just about everything. Yes its rockered, but has the strength to handle high speeds better than most other rockerd boards, from what I gather.
thanks man, yeah thats about all ive found on it too. but it does really sound like a killer do all board from all the tech on it..just hard to tell how the flex is on it, how is it hand flexing?
LTshredTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

From what I feel, I'd say its on the stiffer end of rockered boards. Its definitely not a noodle. It's probably just a *hair* softer than my Agent, which is rated around a 7 or 8 on the flex scale (10 being very stiff). I'm ballparking here, so bear with me.

I know its not a jib/buttery deck but you can totally press it if you've got the control and know-how. I love to jib and butter when I can but for the way I ride, doing that stuff comes second to holding an edge and having control off the bigger jumps.

Wish I knew more about the Capita FK, but I don't...sorry!

I'll tell you I did a lot of research across multiple boards and in the end I KNEW this was the board for me. Plus, I just like Rome. I ride harder northeast stuff and their boards hold up well to those conditions.
sheepstealer is offline   Reply With Quote