K2 After Black - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2008, 05:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
BadMojo

Question K2 After Black

Yo, I'm looking to buy a board. I did pretty extensive research, and the K2 After Black seemed like a nice option. I have not yet demoed it, unfortunately. I have size 12 feet, weigh around 130 lbs (more with snow gear, but I'm not gonna go get dressed to see how much more)and am 5'9.5". I'm only 14 so I'm probably gonna get taller, and get bigger feet. I love park and powder, groomers, glades, everything. Tho park is probably my main focus. Tell me: is the K2 After Black right for me?

Daz totally me right now ->
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2008, 05:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I just replied to your other post and this new post answers some of the questions I had. One of the boards I was going to recommend checking out, depending on what you are looking for, was the K2 Afterblack. It's a freestyle board with good pop, but should be able to handle the rest of the mountain as well. Here's a few other boards that are similar that you could consider...Rome Slash, GNU 11up, Burton Royale (mid-wide), Lib Tech Dark Series (comes in normal and wide). Although, I don't know if any of these are short enough for you.
schmitty34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 05:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
BadMojo

Thanx a ton dude, this helps loads.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
berg

i'd recommend the rome slash. you can get it right now for an insane deal too, 235 (reg 470). big foot riders raaave about. i've been doing a ton of research as for my next board, and this'll be what i get.

Active Mailorder - SNOW | Snowboards | Rome | Slash 56
Old 04-07-2008, 05:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
BadMojo

Cool i'll check it out

First impressions: It looks cool
Post - reading the little description, the fact that it's not perfect twin tip is kinda a turn - off

Last edited by BadMojo; 04-07-2008 at 05:42 PM.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
berg

if you want a pure park board, then go with the machine. if you want something that can still shred the whole mountain, go with the slash.

Rome Machine Snowboard | Rome Snowboard Design Syndicate 2008
Old 04-07-2008, 06:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMojo View Post
Cool i'll check it out

First impressions: It looks cool
Post - reading the little description, the fact that it's not perfect twin tip is kinda a turn - off
I'm not an expert on this, but a directional twin like the slash may not be bad for what you want. Make sure to research what the differences are. The directional twin has a twin shape but had different stiffness in the nose and tail. It may not be bad unless you are riding a ton of switch...including a lot of carving. The directional stiffness should help when you are carving the rest of the mountain normal stance.
schmitty34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 04:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
BadMojo

I ride switch a lot... I'll 180 a little kicker to the side and just ride switch till I see another one. Also I do flatground 360's, or whatever they're called, when you just slide up the hill a bit and then turn switch... I string those all the way down most blues w/ nothing else on them... Or just manual ((butter?)) all the way down...
soz bout the grammar I just started this year

Last edited by BadMojo; 04-08-2008 at 04:22 PM.