Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Help me choose a Capita for park.. (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/50720-help-me-choose-capita-park.html)

MarksBrothers 10-30-2012 06:04 PM

Help me choose a Capita for park..

Hey guys! Need a new park board! Some info:

I'm 5' 10"
160lbs

I'll be riding:
Rails
Boxes
Jumps (no bigger then 40 Ft here in MN)
99% park

I have a size 12 boot, so my choices are:

Horroscope FK (155cm Wide)

Stairmaster Extreme (152 cm Wide)

Stairmaster (152 Wide)

Thanks for the input!

Bock_E 10-30-2012 07:01 PM

As a fellow Minnesotan riding at Elm Creek I absolutely love my horrorscope. I have the 2010 model but also just bought the 2013. If you spend most of your time on rails and maybe a few jumps now and then the horrorscope can handle it no problem. Just curious where do you ride at?

MarksBrothers 10-30-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bock_E (Post 532820)
As a fellow Minnesotan riding at Elm Creek I absolutely love my horrorscope. I have the 2010 model but also just bought the 2013. If you spend most of your time on rails and maybe a few jumps now and then the horrorscope can handle it no problem. Just curious where do you ride at?

Ski-Gull, Spirit Mtn, Northern MN spots! My brother just got his horrorscope today actually! Maybe I'll pick one of them up. You don't think they are too flexy?

Bock_E 10-30-2012 08:09 PM

I spend all day on rails and barely ever touch jumps so its the perfect amount for me but if you think it's on the softer side look at the Ultrafear FK. I haven't ridden any of Capitas other boards so I'm not sure how they ride.

MarksBrothers 10-30-2012 08:13 PM

I don't think the ultrafear comes in wide :(

Bock_E 10-30-2012 08:34 PM

What do you do more jumps or rails?

MarksBrothers 10-30-2012 08:45 PM

its about even. Probably a little more jumps.

Nivek 10-30-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bock_E (Post 532820)

If memory serves the '10 was standard FK so be aware the rocker now starts just inside the inserts instead of just outside. Ruined the board in my opinion. The late release the first year was awesome. Now its untable and gross.

Stairmaster. The Extreme was pretty stiff when I rode it, super poppy though. And as I already said, I think Urban Fk might just be the absolute worst camber profile out there.

MarksBrothers 10-30-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nivek (Post 532855)
If memory serves the '10 was standard FK so be aware the rocker now starts just inside the inserts instead of just outside. Ruined the board in my opinion. The late release the first year was awesome. Now its untable and gross.

Stairmaster. The Extreme was pretty stiff when I rode it, super poppy though. And as I already said, I think Urban Fk might just be the absolute worst camber profile out there.

So are you thinking I should go Extreme?

Nivek 10-30-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarksBrothers (Post 532856)
So are you thinking I should go Extreme?

Regular unless you want to focus on jumps.