Some questions about a new board/bindings! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2008, 05:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Frzn

Default Some questions about a new board/bindings!

Alright so I'm pretty new to snowboarding, done it for maybe 2 seasons, and just after this season I bought a Forum Manual 147. Previously I've just used an Airwalk board, airwalk boots, and 51-50 bindings. I think it was a good choice for me because I'm nowhere near mountains and this coming season I just want to be hitting the park a lot. I'm around 5'6 and 115lbs. I know I'm small hehe, but that's not the point. Now that I have this board I've decided to go for new bindings as well. I was thinking Rome 390s because I hear they're great for freestyle. Would you guys agree? I can also get them pretty cheap, but I'm not sure if I want to wait for next years model. Is it worth it or will there be no significant changes? And do you think they'll suit my needs?

So questions are:
Did I pick a good board for what I want to do and my size? (All around park stuff, not mountains)
Will Rome 390s meet my needs?
Should I wait for next years model or just buy this years?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2008, 06:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
berg

definitely go with the 390s. i have this years and LOVE them. below are pics i found of next years 390s. try emailing ridercouncil@romesnowboards.com and ask them what the technology changes will be for the 390s next year. i emailed them about the next years slash, and they said they were just shedding some weight and adding more sizes. from the pics, it doesn't look like too much is changing. the toe strap does look like diff material though. style wise i actually like this years more then next years.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Frzn

Those are pretty sweet. I think I might buy these, I can get em for $200 (you can get em cheaper elsewhere I'm sure but I need places that ship from inside Canada so I don't get extra taxes added on).

They're the limited edition or whatever, they match really nice with my Manual.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
thelowerclass

Forum Manual or Rome Manual? Not seeing it go so well with the Rome, but the 147 forum hell yeah.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
BC-Rider

Go with any Rome binding, the ones I like are the 390s and the Aresenals.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
peridyn

Hey Frzn, I havn't tried the 390's but I have a friend I ride with who loves em. As for the board, the sizing looks right, and Airwalk has some surprisingly decent boards...I bought one for my wife and she shreds on it and has no complaint...this after riding burton last year.....
Old 04-08-2008, 11:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frzn View Post
Those are pretty sweet. I think I might buy these, I can get em for $200 (you can get em cheaper elsewhere I'm sure but I need places that ship from inside Canada so I don't get extra taxes added on).

They're the limited edition or whatever, they match really nice with my Manual.
Good choice with the 390s...especially for the park. I got a pair of 390s this year and they are great all over the mountain.

Man, I can't believe how much more expensive stuff is when you have to ship to Canada. In the states you can get a pair of S/M 390s for about $90-$100 shipped right now...maybe less.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 02:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Frzn

For clarification, I was talking about the Forum Manual. And I think I'll be getting those 390s for about $210 CAD.

And yes, shipping to Canada is stupid, if a product was made in some country like China I can sometimes be charged a 20% duty tax.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frzn View Post
And yes, shipping to Canada is stupid, if a product was made in some country like China I can sometimes be charged a 20% duty tax.
Man, I should be smuggling snowboard gear during my annual trip to Whistler.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 04:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
Frzn

Any comments about the board?