New board to fill a gap - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 12:52 PM   #21 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
It was directed at Nivek.
Ok, Gotcha
Sassicaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2012, 09:02 PM   #22 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Im leaning towards the Vapor heavily for two reasons...well three actually. The review on the good ride did separate it from the custom X in a good way, its the sibling to my Mystery, and third... fuck it.

My third reason is the real driving force at this point.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:05 PM   #23 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
Im leaning towards the Vapor heavily for two reasons...well three actually. The review on the good ride did separate it from the custom X in a good way, its the sibling to my Mystery, and third... fuck it.

go with that, you won't regret it...
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:10 PM   #24 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:

HA! The Good Ride. That's classic. Read more of the reviews. They have no fucking clue what they're doing.

Is there a reason you're ignoring the Nitro stuff with Koroyd?

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:20 PM   #25 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
HA! The Good Ride. That's classic. Read more of the reviews. They have no fucking clue what they're doing.

Is there a reason you're ignoring the Nitro stuff with Koroyd?
Primary reason is im dont really want to expand the list unless there is a board that multiple people agree is with trying. Im sure I could get 20 suggestions from 20 different people. That and the fact i have EST bindings (two sets) so id prefer a burton board in that regards. Having said that, if there was one board infinitely better for what im looking for then the Custom or Vapor id consider it.

With regards to the good ride I dont know if they are good or bad reviewers, but at least its a place that gave an opinion about the Vapor vs Custom...not much different then anyones opinion around here...no?
Old 11-02-2012, 09:42 PM   #26 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Vapor "2010 Top 5 in The Pipe Good Wood Award Winner, 2009 Top 5 in the pipe Good wood award Winner, 2007 Future Top 10 Award Winner, 2006 Good Wood Award Winner. Are you a drug dealer? Neurosurgeon? Do you own a professional sports team? Are you a dictator of a small country? Do you have a few oil wells in Saudi Arabia? Did you pull out of real estate in the mid 2000′s? If so the Burton Vapor might be for you. That being said is this is one of…. if not the first ultra light boards created. The Burton Vapor is a directional snowboard but its very close to a twin in shape. It is quite unique in terms of tech and almost anyone who has tried the Vapor can’t really find any glaring issues. The 2011 Burton Vapor has changed a lot from 2010 by changing the core from aluminum to wood. The ride is better but still very much the same style ride as the aluminum Vapor. The 2012 Burton Vapors‘ wood core is a little more springy and seemed lighter than the 2011 but it’s hard to say for sure. The 2013 Burton Vapor is pretty much the same board as 2012 and that’s not so much a bad thing."

That is not a review. That is brand bullshit. There is no possible way going from Alu to wood does not change the ride much. That's utter bullshit and it shows me they have not ridden both incarnations. I have not ridden the wood one but I did ride the Alu. Harsh as a motherfucker and super weak base. Bounce off a rock and you will dent the base. Vibrations right to your feet too. Fucking awful.

Custom "It’s pretty stiff, fast and fun for tearing up the mountain at high speed"
That is the extent of the ride review.

Custom"They did add “Squeeze Box” tech to the 2012 which helps improve the flex between the feet but to us we didn’t notice much of a difference compared to the previous models. We felt a bit of a difference on some other Burton boards with the Squeezebox tech but for some reason it seemed almost the same with the Custom X"

The don't know what squeezebox is and clearly either didn't ride the board or couldn't ride well enough to feel the difference.

Also, buy my things?
Old 11-02-2012, 09:47 PM   #27 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Vapor "2010 Top 5 in The Pipe Good Wood Award Winner, 2009 Top 5 in the pipe Good wood award Winner, 2007 Future Top 10 Award Winner, 2006 Good Wood Award Winner. Are you a drug dealer? Neurosurgeon? Do you own a professional sports team? Are you a dictator of a small country? Do you have a few oil wells in Saudi Arabia? Did you pull out of real estate in the mid 2000′s? If so the Burton Vapor might be for you. That being said is this is one of…. if not the first ultra light boards created. The Burton Vapor is a directional snowboard but its very close to a twin in shape. It is quite unique in terms of tech and almost anyone who has tried the Vapor can’t really find any glaring issues. The 2011 Burton Vapor has changed a lot from 2010 by changing the core from aluminum to wood. The ride is better but still very much the same style ride as the aluminum Vapor. The 2012 Burton Vapors‘ wood core is a little more springy and seemed lighter than the 2011 but it’s hard to say for sure. The 2013 Burton Vapor is pretty much the same board as 2012 and that’s not so much a bad thing."

That is not a review. That is brand bullshit. There is no possible way going from Alu to wood does not change the ride much. That's utter bullshit and it shows me they have not ridden both incarnations. I have not ridden the wood one but I did ride the Alu. Harsh as a motherfucker and super weak base. Bounce off a rock and you will dent the base. Vibrations right to your feet too. Fucking awful.

Custom "It’s pretty stiff, fast and fun for tearing up the mountain at high speed"
That is the extent of the ride review.

Custom"They did add “Squeeze Box” tech to the 2012 which helps improve the flex between the feet but to us we didn’t notice much of a difference compared to the previous models. We felt a bit of a difference on some other Burton boards with the Squeezebox tech but for some reason it seemed almost the same with the Custom X"

The don't know what squeezebox is and clearly either didn't ride the board or couldn't ride well enough to feel the difference.
Scroll down from there and click the tab that says "in depth"
Old 11-02-2012, 10:01 PM   #28 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Scroll down from there and click the tab that says "in depth"
Fair enough. Claiming that was the extent of the ride review was misguided. But then why is the real review not the first thing you see? Shitty site design.

The rest of what I said is still valid. They don't know what squeezebox is and can't ride will enough to feel it or muscle the X to find it. Also that's a picture of the 2013. You'd think they'd know that everyone except I think Drake now makes a disc to fit ICS. Also there is no possible way the put 75+ days on the 2013.

These aren't the only issues with them. They have plenty of reviews that are straight up wrong or full of bad facts. They do this for free product and that's it.

Also, buy my things?
Old 11-02-2012, 10:14 PM   #29 (permalink)
Veteran Member

HAHAHA The Good Ride what a bunch of fucking kooks. Weekend warriors with 0 shop experience and tech knowledge shouldn't be allowed to run a snowboard review site.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:02 PM   #30 (permalink)

I hope the 2014 Vapor has a titanium core and diamond encrusted carbon fiber top sheet for "more expensive flex"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokehaus View Post
Snowolf and I have came to an agreement that it was for sure Poutanen's fault. I vote for one year of probation and being forced to ride skis til death.
mrjimyjohn is offline   Reply With Quote