New board to fill a gap - Page 4 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 11:14 PM
Senior Member
 
sxdaca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 131
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
HA! The Good Ride. That's classic. Read more of the reviews. They have no fucking clue what they're doing.
i dont know that much about boards man and im always looking for reviews and i found this forum. I trust in the the angry and agnarchy, and lately i was reading the reviews from the good ride i thought they were decent at least a lot better than the boardisiders. which sites would you recomend for good reviews???
sxdaca is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 11:15 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,966
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
Primary reason is im dont really want to expand the list unless there is a board that multiple people agree is with trying. Im sure I could get 20 suggestions from 20 different people. That and the fact i have EST bindings (two sets) so id prefer a burton board in that regards. Having said that, if there was one board infinitely better for what im looking for then the Custom or Vapor id consider it.

With regards to the good ride I dont know if they are good or bad reviewers, but at least its a place that gave an opinion about the Vapor vs Custom...not much different then anyones opinion around here...no?
Both the Custom X and the Nitro are infinitely better for your purpose than the Vapor. There.
hktrdr is offline  
post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 11:18 PM
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 7,501
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxdaca View Post
i dont know that much about boards man and im always looking for reviews and i found this forum. I trust in the the angry and agnarchy, and lately i was reading the reviews from the good ride i thought they were decent at least a lot better than the boardisiders. which sites would you recomend for good reviews???
I don't know of any. Sorry. If we haven't reviewed something, try to ride it yourself.

Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friends
Nivek is offline  
post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 11:21 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,966
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxdaca View Post
i dont know that much about boards man and im always looking for reviews and i found this forum. I trust in the the angry and agnarchy, and lately i was reading the reviews from the good ride i thought they were decent at least a lot better than the boardisiders. which sites would you recomend for good reviews???
Frankly, there are none. All of the above are mixed bags:
  • TheGoodRide reviews range from decent (for boards that the guys own/ride regularly) to completely awful (sometimes they just put 1-2 runs on the board at a demo day).
  • Angry is also hit and miss - quite biased on certain brands/companies that they affiliate with. That said at least the bias is pretty clearly disclosed.
  • Agnarchy are probably the most neutral, but it seems their range of gear reviewed is not as diverse because their supply kind of comes and goes.

Frankly, your best bet are discussions on sites like this.
hktrdr is offline  
post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 11:24 PM
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 7,501
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hktrdr View Post
Frankly, there are none. All of the above are mixed bags:
  • TheGoodRide reviews range from decent (for boards that the guys own/ride regularly) to completely awful (sometimes they just put 1-2 runs on the board at a demo day).
  • Angry is also hit and miss - quite biased on certain brands/companies that they affiliate with. That said at least the bias is pretty clearly disclosed.
  • Agnarchy are probably the most neutral, but it seems their range of gear reviewed is not as diverse because their supply kind of comes and goes.

Frankly, your best bet are discussions on sites like this.
Where are you seeing the bias at Angry?

Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friends
Nivek is offline  
post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 11:40 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 1,082
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Where are you seeing the bias at Angry?
Rossi

DWD (could be legit but he seems to hate that company)

Before this past year i would have said YES/anything with cam rock.

You know him better than most obviously and might disagree but that is what i feel like his bias' are, if its not true then great but thats the impression that i get.
Justin is offline  
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 11:51 PM
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 7,501
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Camrock? Last years T9 Camrock. Liked that. Other than that, YES and Signal were really the only ones doing camrock. He wasn't a fan of the Omni, I was, and neither of us liked really anything from YES. Still don't. Pretty much just the 2013 Greats.

Hates DWD? He liked the video and the Genovese.

He doesn't hate on Rossi as a product, just that their marketing campaign is utter crap and is killing the brand again. Years and years ago he like the Trickstick if memory serves.

Do you read the site? I can't figure out where you would have gotten these biases from. Arbor, Capita, Mervin, or Union would have made more sense. I can explain those too if you want though.

Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friends
Nivek is offline  
post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012, 12:06 AM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 1,082
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Camrock? Last years T9 Camrock. Liked that. Other than that, YES and Signal were really the only ones doing camrock. He wasn't a fan of the Omni, I was, and neither of us liked really anything from YES. Still don't. Pretty much just the 2013 Greats.

Hates DWD? He liked the video and the Genovese.

He doesn't hate on Rossi as a product, just that their marketing campaign is utter crap and is killing the brand again. Years and years ago he like the Trickstick if memory serves.

Do you read the site? I can't figure out where you would have gotten these biases from. Arbor, Capita, Mervin, or Union would have made more sense. I can explain those too if you want though.
Maybe i missed the T9 review but i remember him saying that he thought it was a usless incarnation of camber but he is alowed to change his opinion and i don't hold it against him that he changed his mind on it.

Like i said its just the impression that i get. I have seen him say dwd should die.

I read the whole rossi thread the other day, all the comments section and he said they were all terrible and he didn't need to ride them this year (whatever year that was) cause they were garbage.(paraphrasing)

I am curious as to why he hates mervin and capita although capita could just be the ppl as they are part of union.

Union i have read enough comments to know why he doesn't like them although i haven't ridden them so i can't confirm and i don't deal with reps or companies so i don't have that insider knowledge.

He does seem to like arbor and k2. Although he didn't like the life like so i don't think he is very bias on k2.

I don't think he is terribly biased but on one or 2 issues he seems to be. I wouldn't really expect him not to be to be honest. I found the Nitro t1 (from a few years ago) to be very accurate and wish i would have read it before i bought it as i don't like the board (my rock board now). And the highlife was also very accurate to my experience so i trust a lot of what he/you say.
Justin is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome