Lib Tech's, Really worth it?? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2012, 11:51 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWskunkAPE View Post
Its this forum people are not very friendly compared to other web sites. Alot of Never Summer vs Lib Tech fanboy fighting. I actually have not been on here for years because most people are immature jerks when you ask for info.

You kindly asked all you get are assholes that really dont know much about the products.

Dont worry
Theres other forums?!
Richie67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 09:36 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
You're looking at some pretty damn aggressive boards considering your riding style.
Well these are the boards that immediately jumped out for me. I can't really narrow down my riding style. Each day I hit the hill I will be in the mood for something new.... My riding is mostly inspired by Muller and Sollors
BWayne89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:38 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWskunkAPE View Post
I would actually recommend the 2013 Skunk Ape Horsepower version. Your about my size and trust me this board is the best larger board out. Very light poppy and more aggressive than any other board I tried,
As dumb as this may sound, im not really feeling the graphics on this board. I try to have a connection with my sticks. Just like when you purchase a car or anything else. You gotta have that connection and for me this stick is laking that appeal. Even though spec wise its a kick ass stick.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:21 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWayne89 View Post
Looking at either the T.Rice PRO HP and the Dark series. Which would be the "better" board?

6'4"
235lbs
size 13 boots

Riding Style - All Mountain/ Freeride/ Freestyle - Mostly groomers and jumps

List of Sticks wanting to buy this season

Jones Mountain Twin
Burton Custom X
Capita Totaly F'n Awesome
Signal Omni Wavelength - cant find any significant product reviews on this company and its products
Yes Pick Your Line
Endeavor Live Reverse Camber - can't find any significant product reviews on this company and its products.
Ride Machete GT

ANY INPUT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

Regrettably, I must say I live a sheltered shred lifestyle when it comes to product placement. I usually live under the notion of " if you see alot of them out there it must be a reliable and trust worthy product" I haven't seen Endeavor or Signal out on my resort
Dude. Lib is worth it.(I've had a banana magic, skunk, dark) I've ridden everything from A-Z and I've always gone back lib. I purchased a jones flagship 3 weeks ago, tried to show it some love and returned it to REI and got my money back. Now I got the 13' Travis rice pro hp 161.5. You can't beat that hand built quality you get from lib tech, and they Have pretty sick tech. I hear complains abt the magnitraction, ppl say its too grippy.... I say GTFO and learn to ride better. The only other board i love as much as a LIB is the K2 slayblade. It's a fast, stiff, killer stick. I'm not trying to sway you to go back to lib but they are a good board company that builds great handmade boards.

Other suggestions:
Salomon mans board
Capita BSOD
Jones mtn twin
Old 11-04-2012, 12:02 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar1243 View Post
Dude. Lib is worth it.(I've had a banana magic, skunk, dark) I've ridden everything from A-Z and I've always gone back lib. I purchased a jones flagship 3 weeks ago, tried to show it some love and returned it to REI and got my money back. Now I got the 13' Travis rice pro hp 161.5. You can't beat that hand built quality you get from lib tech, and they Have pretty sick tech. I hear complains abt the magnitraction, ppl say its too grippy.... I say GTFO and learn to ride better. The only other board i love as much as a LIB is the K2 slayblade. It's a fast, stiff, killer stick. I'm not trying to sway you to go back to lib but they are a good board company that builds great handmade boards.

Other suggestions:
Salomon mans board
Capita BSOD
Jones mtn twin
Your input is greatly appreciated ... its funny to read thegoodrides review on these boards. They express the notion of the board wanting to tun back up hill when engaging into a hard carve
Old 11-04-2012, 12:34 PM   #16 (permalink)

Peoples view of beginner, intermediate and advanced differ drastically. How many days would you estimate you have strapped in total over how many years?
blz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:55 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blz1 View Post
Peoples view of beginner, intermediate and advanced differ drastically. How many days would you estimate you have strapped in total over how many years?
32 times a year min.... for about 5 years.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:16 PM   #18 (permalink)

I ride Roxy. Roxy, Gnu, and Lib Tech are made by Mervin Manufacturing. My board has around 230 days on it. The quality is there for sure. Once I had a discussion about wanting to get a new snowboard with a friend who has a Lib Tech. I said I was going to get a new one when the board dies. He told me they don't die because his last one refused death. He rides more than I do and could break snowboards. Well 230 days and it aint dead yet, so he was right.

I don't know if this happens to other Mervin Boards, but my topsheet started separating a while ago from my tail. I clipped it off and patched the tail with shoe goo. I think if I left it alone, the top sheet would of peeled off from the tail.

IT AINT EAZY BEIN STEEZY
RockyMTNsteeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:29 PM   #19 (permalink)

have you considered a burton custom camber (muller) or a burton process flying v (sollors) ? as for lib id recommend checking out the Lib Tech Phoenix Series Jamie Lynn C3 Snowboard too, not sure how the sizing matches up though i dont think they have alot of choices but believe me when i tell you this board MOBS!
blz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:53 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar1243 View Post

Other suggestions:
Salomon mans board
Capita BSOD
Jones mtn twin
I also agree I bought the Shunk ape last and I absolutly loved the board! Great all mountain board that is not afraid of the park. I was looking at picking up the new Hot Knife for a more camber dominant hybrid!
jcam1981 is offline   Reply With Quote