Lib Tech's, Really worth it?? - Page 4 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 11:02 PM   #31 (permalink)
ETM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cane700 View Post
Thecamber is between your bindingd and the rocker is on the outside.of the bindings so it's really nice when landing jumps and has good powder float and you still keep some control on hardpack.
I dont get that camber profile at all.
The reason camber works is because when you stand on the board you load from the bindings to the tips which gives good edge hold but between the bindings actually has no downward force being applied to it. When you put rocker outside the bindings that effect is lost so the only place that is actually loaded is directly under your bindings.
ETM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 11:03 PM   #32 (permalink)

if i were you i would go lib. the jones would be better if you rode more powder. but the lib will be good for all around. you could try looking at the dark series too they make those in wide, in quite a few sizes too. you basically just need to pick one, and bring it home. they're all good boards they're pro models and the way you say you ride i would go lib. its good for anything. i ride a lib and my buddy rides a lib, and we shred everything, mostly alpine and trees, but neither of us have anything bad to say about the boards. actually mine has gotten squirrelly on me a few times, tends to happen on hard packed roads that aren't flat. its pretty much like a speed wobble in the centre of your board. other wise it never happens, only then. but if you are as aggressive as you say you are, then you might want to consider a camber board. way better edge hold, one thing i miss about that compared to lib. i can still rip the shit out of it down the groomer, but that edge hold just isn't as stable as camber. (i think there are hybrid boards that are more camber biased, but will minor rocker) and i like to rip it and make nice hard turns and i've blown a few tires on my lib riding to hard, im talkin mach speed. the lib will ride good on groomers, pow, you name it. its a good all around board. but the edge hold is not as good as people say, unless i just ride to fuckn hard
nip175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:05 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETM View Post
I dont get that camber profile at all.
The reason camber works is because when you stand on the board you load from the bindings to the tips which gives good edge hold but between the bindings actually has no downward force being applied to it. When you put rocker outside the bindings that effect is lost so the only place that is actually loaded is directly under your bindings.
For years I rode very stiff cambered boards and was really sceptical about this whole rocker board movement. The CamRock that Jones makes works. I ride a lot of hard pack and the I never had any control issues with that profile. The is board is much more agile than a full camber but doesn't feel out of control.
Cane700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:58 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cane700 View Post
For years I rode very stiff cambered boards and was really sceptical about this whole rocker board movement. The CamRock that Jones makes works. I ride a lot of hard pack and the I never had any control issues with that profile. The is board is much more agile than a full camber but doesn't feel out of control.
Thanks for the input
BWayne89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:38 PM   #35 (permalink)

So I'm looking at Lib boards too...

Is the difference between all the various "models" with the C2-BTX (T.Rice, TRS, Skunk, etc) mainly variance in materials giving different flexes, pop, etc?

I am a similar rider to the OP in style (groomers, glades, occasional pow, NO park). I'm 5'9", 185 lbs, size 9.5 boot and am considering:

Lib TRS
Lib HotKnife (not sure if the C3 is better for me)
NS Cobra
NS Heritage
GNU Riders Choice
Jones Mountain Twin
Rossi One Magtek

Thoughts/input?
jchaison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:45 PM   #36 (permalink)
Official SBF Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWayne89 View Post
L

List of Sticks wanting to buy this season

Jones Mountain Twin
Burton Custom X
Capita Totaly F'n Awesome
Signal Omni Wavelength - cant find any significant product reviews on this company and its products
Yes Pick Your Line
Endeavor Live Reverse Camber - can't find any significant product reviews on this company and its products.
Ride Machete GT

ANY INPUT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED
I loved the Omni. Full review here:

2013 Signal Omni Snowboard Review

Leo also reviewed the Machete GT:

2013 Ride Machete GT Snowboard Review

Repping the world's smallest mountains... 2013-2014 snow days: 48

Mt. Brighton - 13
Hawk Island - 6
Mt. Holly - 5
Mt. Bohemia - 3
Mt. Tolle - 3
Boyne Mountain - 2
Pine Knob - 2
Crystal Mountain - 2
Treetops - 2
Alpine Valley - 2
Caberfae Peaks - 2
Cannonsburg - 1
Urban - 1
Slackcountry - 1
Nub's Nob - 1
Sugar Mountain, NC - 1
Beech Mountain, NC - 1
david_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:21 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_z View Post
I loved the Omni. Full review here:

2013 Signal Omni Snowboard Review

Leo also reviewed the Machete GT:

2013 Ride Machete GT Snowboard Review
Thanks for the reviews
Old 11-10-2012, 05:47 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackie View Post
I'm interested in the lib tech and jones as well. There is no wide version of the T rice pro though. I see you wear a 13, I wear a size 12 ~ 12.5 would we have any problems with over hang?
The T.rice Pro is a mid-wide already because Travis has a 10.5 size foot. This is from Lib Tech employee at an event!
jcam1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:43 AM   #39 (permalink)

You've got a good list going BWayne. I've ridden and enjoyed the Capita BSOD and TFA. The TFA would be great for you in my opinion. It's on the wider side, fast, stable, poppy, good float, etc. A great all around board. The hybrid camber gives the best of both camber/rocker worlds and the 3rd contact point grips really well on hard snow/ice.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:15 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shralp View Post
You've got a good list going BWayne. I've ridden and enjoyed the Capita BSOD and TFA. The TFA would be great for you in my opinion. It's on the wider side, fast, stable, poppy, good float, etc. A great all around board. The hybrid camber gives the best of both camber/rocker worlds and the 3rd contact point grips really well on hard snow/ice.
Just when I thought I narrowed my options down to 2, you had to come along and tell me this lol