Lib Tech's, Really worth it?? - Page 5 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2012, 11:45 AM   #41 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The TFA is stiff. Very stiff. It's super fun, but the stiffness is something that should be noted. It's by far the stiffest hybrid I've ever ridden. The BSOD is a little softer than the TFA with a slight setback, but it is a pretty damp ride. Damper than the TFA anyway. The Omni I had was from a couple seasons ago, but it was a blast to ride. It's more middle of the road flex wise. I was about 185lbs when I rode all of these, and I have a size 13 foot. The Omni was the narrowest of the three, but it wasn't unmanageable by any means.
It never gets old, if you're in it for the passion, and not the fashion
NWBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 12:10 PM   #42 (permalink)

Reading through this thread, I'm a little confused...

It sounded like you're interested in a board for it graphics? Although I do understand your analogy of buying a car, unfortunately a T Rice doesn't come in different colors.

If you're interested in the T Rice HP, I'd think you'd be interested in the Capita BSOD for it's lightness similarity. The Capita Totally F'in Awesome is heavier than the BSOD, if you don't mind that.

There's a few wide versions of Never Summer boards if any of those tickle your fancy. I think the heritage X was already mentioned.

The Yes Pick your line is a pow directional board, not a twin by any means.

My last word of advice, there's no board that's better than another board. You're buying a board for your riding style...which was already mentioned.

EDIT:
Forgot to mention the hybrid camber profiles will ride completely different also.
Capita and Signal Omni Wavelength style rocker camber profiles look like this:

Lib Tech and Never Summer:

I noticed when riding a 156 BSOD, it actually felt like riding a shorter board because your contact points were around the end of the binding inserts. When riding a 157 T Rice C2 (back in 2010) it felt more like a traditional camber board because the contact points engage like a camber board. So, just another factor to consider.

Last edited by I<3snowp0rn; 11-10-2012 at 12:41 PM.
I<3snowp0rn is offline   Reply With Quote