Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   First Board Help (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/50821-first-board-help.html)

Xcemp 11-03-2012 01:23 PM

First Board Help

Hi

I am looking for some help on selecting my first board. I am 6'1" and around 170lbs. I have size 10 UK size (10.5 US)

I have research quite a bit into boards, bindings and boots. I am going to go to my local shop and try on all their boots to find some comfortable ones.

Bindings: I am thinking K2 Formulas or Rome 390s.

Boards: K2 raygun, seems to be recommended quite a lot. But I am looking for other suggestions as well.

I think I am around a 159cm board size.

I mostly do a bit of everything, so I am looking for a pretty good all rounder.

Anyone have suggestions for other boards to take a look at.

Thanks

eli783 11-03-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xcemp (Post 533993)
Hi

I am looking for some help on selecting my first board. I am 6'1" and around 170lbs. I have size 10 UK size (10.5 US)

I have research quite a bit into boards, bindings and boots. I am going to go to my local shop and try on all their boots to find some comfortable ones.

Bindings: I am thinking K2 Formulas or Rome 390s.

Boards: K2 raygun, seems to be recommended quite a lot. But I am looking for other suggestions as well.

I think I am around a 159cm board size.

I mostly do a bit of everything, so I am looking for a pretty good all rounder.

Anyone have suggestions for other boards to take a look at.

Thanks

Yea dude the raygun in that size would workout ok. Definitely a great beginner board that you wont wanna throw away after your first real season

Xcemp 11-04-2012 05:22 AM

I have been looking at other boards, and have come up with a list of boards that may be suitable for me.
  • Forum Bully Double Dog
  • K2 Format
  • K2 Brigade
  • GNU Carbon Credit
  • K2 Raygun
  • Nidecker Score
  • Rome Tour
  • YES Basic

Looking at around the 158cm-160cm range. Any got any recommendations?

Thanks

jml22 11-04-2012 10:47 AM

If you know you're going to be an avid boarder buy something good. If you're figuring it out go with whatever

I like the gnu. Have a look at the riders choice

eli783 11-04-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jml22 (Post 534216)
If you know you're going to be an avid boarder buy something good. If you're figuring it out go with whatever

I like the gnu. Have a look at the riders choice

I keep hearing good things about the riders choice.

Xcemp 11-04-2012 11:50 AM

Unfortunately outside of my price range. Trying to keep below 300

Thanks

handscreate 11-16-2012 09:24 PM

I have a Forum Bully & really like it. I've only gotten about 5-6 days on it last season, but it definitely made for a much better riding experience than my stiff camber board I was riding the 2 seasons prior.

I'm about 90-95% groomers & 5-10% park. It's basically a Youngblood with a slightly setback stance, so it can still handle all the park you want to throw at it while staying a directional twin with a slightly stiffer tail (good for ollies/jumps).

I haven't ridden the other boards listed, so I can't help you out there. I did look at some of the LibTech & Gnu boards too, but I couldn't pass up the deal I got on my board.

phony_stark 11-16-2012 09:52 PM

My first board was a Carbon Credit...awesome board and does everything.