The Life - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2008, 02:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
neb286

Default The Life

Hey guys.. I am originally from Arkansas.. And I've heard all of the incest jokes so save 'em. haha

So, to the point.. I go boarding about a week every year, and I wanna do some when I get out of high school..
I was wondering if most of you guys just moved to the snow in the winter, or if you stayed the whole time..? I guess I am mostly talking to young single people, but any advice would be nice..
Does anyone work in the parks? I mean, I can live frugally, but those snowsports are pretty darn expensive.
Would I have enough riding time to justify working as a lift guy or something?

Thanks!

Ben
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2008, 02:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
neb286

ahh! just realized where I posted this!
sorry. how do i move it?!?!?!
grrr..
Old 04-08-2008, 07:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
Simply^Ride

I have never worked at a ski resort. But I know of a lot of people that come in International programs to work in US ski resorts with no prior experience of anything. I thought of doing what you are thinking in doing, but I rather get done with the Unversity and then move permanently to another state. I guess it's more of a personal opinion, also remember ski resorts have many positions available that are not related with the ski/snowboard skills you have.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Gustov

i live in ohio but my brother just graduated from college and moved to tahoe for just the season. he's coming back b/c of grad school, but his roomates are just wandering kinda (way to put those architecture degrees to use ). i visited them and it seemed like most of the people there came back every season, instead of living there, but it seems like most of the people on this forum that live west are there year round.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:56 AM   #5 (permalink)

Summer is as good if not better out west than winter...so it is just really hard to leave for the most part....Also believe it or not, they have colleges out here as well...as I am currently finishing up my MBA....Ben
BRsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 09:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
Simply^Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRsnow View Post
Summer is as good if not better out west than winter...so it is just really hard to leave for the most part....Also believe it or not, they have colleges out here as well...as I am currently finishing up my MBA....Ben
And good colleges too, but my situation was different. I didn't want to pay out of state fee for the first year, plus I had other things tying me up to FL. But I agree with BRsnow you could always move out of state and study there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustov View Post
i live in ohio but my brother just graduated from college and moved to tahoe for just the season. he's coming back b/c of grad school, but his roomates are just wandering kinda (way to put those architecture degrees to use ).

i visited them and it seemed like most of the people there came back every season, instead of living there, but it seems like most of the people on this forum that live west are there year round.
I hostly believe Tahoe is the exception, Reno has a lack of jobs and Tahoe itself tends to be on the seasonal part. But if you notice Denver, SLC, Seattle, Portland among a few others are large cities and have plenty of oportunities to develop the career you might be pursuing.