Ridicules Question about Girls Snowboard - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 11:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Ridicules Question about Girls Snowboard

I got my GF into snowboarding last year. With some private lessons and 20+ days up she is now past an beginner. Her current board is a Rosignal Telsa which is a great beginner board, but she really needs to graduate. Can any girls give me some thoughts on boards.

The ridicules part is it needs to "look" AND sound good. I showed her the Never Summer Lotus which she really liked the look of, but hates the name because she is sun hound and loves summer *face palm*. I also showed her the Burton Feel Good, but its not as good looking as she would like.

Dont worry about the look or the name cuz I have no idea what she will or wont like. I just need to throw spaghetti at the wall and see what sticks, so if you can just let me know what are some good intermedia freeride boards that would be great.
Sassicaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 12:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Maybe to give a baseline ill let you know 3 I am looking at.

Jones Twin Sister
Nidecker Divine
Nidecker Angel

Last edited by Sassicaia; 11-05-2012 at 12:13 AM.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:11 AM   #3 (permalink)

Why don't you bring her to your local board shop and let her look around and talk to the guys there. At the very least she'll be able to see and compare many different decks at once. Plus, there's always a chance someone might talk some sense into her.
Noreaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noreaster View Post
Why don't you bring her to your local board shop and let her look around and talk to the guys there. At the very least she'll be able to see and compare many different decks at once. Plus, there's always a chance someone might talk some sense into her.
Nidecker isnt in any stores around me...fooking strange considering where I live.

To be honest the store is usually 1 guy (barely any girls there), and here I am hoping to get more opinions.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:28 AM   #5 (permalink)

Take a look at the Salomon Gypsy or the Capita Birds of a Feather for all mountain freestyle ripping.
djjimmyhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:36 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
Maybe to give a baseline ill let you know 3 I am looking at.

Jones Twin Sister
Nidecker Divine
Nidecker Angel
These three are completely different. Jones is a powder board with rocker underfoot, it's not exactly the best choice for a relative beginner who does all-mountain riding. Divine is more of a freestyle board that performs best in park and pipe. It is super stiff too. Angel is a freeride model but it's also pretty stiff. None of these are really good for a girl with one season under her belt. Start her off with a nice all-mountain deck that she's gonna enjoy or at least flex a little without unlearning everything she got from those 20 lessons.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjimmyhat View Post
Take a look at the Salomon Gypsy or the Capita Birds of a Feather for all mountain freestyle ripping.

Thanks..ill check out the Feather, but fuck Capita..For some reason that word pisses me off. Its tryin to be so harsh, sick and killer, but in reality it fucking sucks.

Fuck Capita...its in the same league as Oprah, Halle Berry, and Tom Cruise.

Die...just spontaneously combust and die.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:43 AM   #8 (permalink)

I ridicule all ridiculousness.

Get her a bitch board. How about the couture? Bitches love couture

Last edited by blz1; 11-05-2012 at 12:50 AM.
blz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:50 AM   #9 (permalink)

You're a mental bastard why would you want her snowboarding with you?! No peace and quiet, yapping in your ear on the lift, slowing you down on the slopes and no doubt complaining about everything from sun in her face and snow in her vag.

Do the right thing bud, tell her theres a change of plans.. hand her the tea towel send her to the kitchen and tell her to have the fucking dinner ready by the time you're back from shreddin with the fellas or she'll be getting your 160 powder deck round her coupon!
Richie67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:52 AM   #10 (permalink)

Roxy Ollie Pop

You can also go for last year's Burtons - Feelgood and LipStick. The graphics of both were pretty decent and the design hasn't changed since last year.