Nidecker Ultralight - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 10:35 AM   #21 (permalink)

New Hovey is made in Austria 'cause Jones dropped Nidecker and went with ...........
cc898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 11:06 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc898 View Post
New Hovey is made in Austria 'cause Jones dropped Nidecker and went with ...........
Both Jones and Yes now manufactured by Elan in Austria I think.
scotty100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:09 AM   #23 (permalink)

GST, so yeah, I guess thats right
cc898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:34 PM   #24 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Im not going to write a whole review because im not there yet with enough experience to give one that wouldn't suck. Having said that i have gone through 5 boards trying to find the best one to meet the style and snow-conditions that I spend the vast majority of my time with.

Although I now have multiple boards, id prefer one that does a great job at everything I do which is bomb groomers, carve, and float in powder. Today I was at my local hill which had 11 cm (4.5") of new snow on top of had pack in the morning which turned heavy and crappy by 1pm. This board floated great in powder, and was a tank through the crap without giving an inch at high speeds. Turn initiation was fast and easy, although I had a new pair of IPOs, so I cant say for sure how much of that was board or bindings.

The board gave me a smile on my face and sense of relief that I finally found what I was looking for from a board. I certainly need more time to test it in the crap, ice and more of everything, but so far im very pleased.

If you have the chance, means or simply get drunk and order shit blind online like me then id highly recommend it if your riding style matches mine.
Sassicaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:15 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
Im not going to write a whole review because im not there yet with enough experience to give one that wouldn't suck. Having said that i have gone through 5 boards trying to find the best one to meet the style and snow-conditions that I spend the vast majority of my time with.

Although I now have multiple boards, id prefer one that does a great job at everything I do which is bomb groomers, carve, and float in powder. Today I was at my local hill which had 11 cm (4.5") of new snow on top of had pack in the morning which turned heavy and crappy by 1pm. This board floated great in powder, and was a tank through the crap without giving an inch at high speeds. Turn initiation was fast and easy, although I had a new pair of IPOs, so I cant say for sure how much of that was board or bindings.

The board gave me a smile on my face and sense of relief that I finally found what I was looking for from a board. I certainly need more time to test it in the crap, ice and more of everything, but so far im very pleased.

If you have the chance, means or simply get drunk and order shit blind online like me then id highly recommend it if your riding style matches mine.
If that board performs as good as it looks then must be awesome!

What other boards and bindings set-ups do you currently have?
scotty100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:40 PM   #26 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty100 View Post
If that board performs as good as it looks then must be awesome!

What other boards and bindings set-ups do you currently have?
Another great day on the slopes with it. more powder, and a better test on good conditioned groomed runs. I love how it doesnt budget when hitting top speeds, yet floats great in powder. Im sure a critical rider could find a flow in one area, but for me it certainly feels like no compromise.

My current set-ups are:

Burton Vapor/Diode
Burton Mystery/Genesis
Burton Custom Flying V
DC Tone

All are now for sale...the Mystery is actually pretty much sold.
Sassicaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:40 PM   #27 (permalink)

Sassicaia, was wondering how your winter is going up north and how your Ultralight is performing and holding up? I had only two days on my UL this year. It's such a great board, it's doubtful I'll ride anything else. The winter in California sucked, warmest Jan, Feb on record. I hope yours continues to be great. Best of luck.
Mpjames 09 is offline   Reply With Quote